Headphone BASS Burn-In Files / Playlist
Jan 26, 2008 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

greydragon

1000+ Head-Fier
I discovered a few files, that are free to download from online, that emphasize the stressing of the bass, which works particularly well when burning in, 'loosening' up headphone drivers.

I ran these files: 2 drum bass heavy tracks, 0-150 hz sweep, 0-30,000 hz sweep (this track works all frequencies) in an ordered playlist that made I up. Using it on my HD650 for just over 12 hours, I can hear an improvement in the bass response, which when compared to 150+ hrs of pink noise from before that didn't do much. When I listened to the HD650 after the pink noise burn-in, with familiar songs I felt the HD650 couldn't deliver the correct amount bass--it seems lacking or just plain missing. But after the intense bass-emphasized tracks, there was definite improvement. I'm going to run the bass burn-in for a few more days and see if anything else happens.

Be careful when using these tracks--playing the tracks too loud can damage your phones. Use above listening levels when burning in, so I recommend putting your headphones on and then adjust to the right said volume.
I tried to normalized the tracks personally with ReplayGain, they should play at an equal volume. If your phones are new, I recommend burning them in a few hours at a time then break for 30-60 mins. After initial burn-in (day or so), you can probably go continuously.

Burn-In FLAC files with playlist

Jan 26, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 7
Sweeps are not a good idea for new phones. Just use pink noise at a medium-high volume.

Jan 26, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweeps are not a good idea for new phones. Just use pink noise at a medium-high volume.

x2. I usally start with mid-volume pink noise, then increase a bit every 10 hrs or so (depending on how much burn-in you're planning on doing). Sweeps can definitely damage your headphones if they're played too loudly in the beginning.

Jan 26, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #4 of 7
Jan 26, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #5 of 7
NCH Tone Generator (or any other free generator) can generate all of those without the large download.

Jan 26, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #6 of 7
iTunes in shuffle mode works...

Jan 26, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iTunes in shuffle mode works...

couldn't agree more
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back