headphone availability in Thailand?
Feb 13, 2003 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

damitamit

100+ Head-Fier
my parents are going to thailand in a few weeks so i was wondering...

would they be able to pick me up some Sony cans such as the Eggo 66 or a pair of the new ex71s for a good price?

anyone lives in or has been to thailand got any experience of the availability and price of such cans there.

thanks
Amit

Feb 13, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 5
At MBK mall, you would find only crappy phones. People don't care much about headphones, but you could find cheap portables (CD, MD players) over there. Last time I went back I could locate DE-J955 for less then $100 new (sad that I bought one from Narita just before I arrived).

I'd suggest you to try Sony Stores. As I could remember there's one in "The Emporium" Mall on Sukhumvit Road. Prices converted to USD or UKP could be somewhat cheaper. There're actually few places where there're a lot of small local electronic stores together which you could find really cheap audio equipment and negotiable prices. One area that I could remember called "Sa-parn-lek". I'd say, try Sony Stores first if prices are right for you.

Maybe Purk could help for more input.

Hope this help a bit

John

Feb 14, 2003 at 1:54 AM Post #4 of 5
Guys,
I went back to BKK during the winter break, and I hardly saw any high quality earphone or headphone in the "MBK" or "Sa-pan-Lek." So, I would not suggest you to look for a headphones over there, b/c Thai people only care about look and style, so earbuds and street style are the poppular choice. The best headphones or earphones available is Sony MDR-E888 in Sony Center. The price was 55.81 dollars for E888 and 50 dollars for EX70Lp.

On the other hand, I would highly recommend you guys to pick up a spare MD batteries (Ni-Mh) or highend Discman or MD recorder if you get a chance. I believe the price of the highend Discmans are cheaper over there. THe Sony Gumstick battery can be obtained for 9 dollars. Good luck in BKK and becareful of the crappy stuff in MBK and "Sa-pan-Lek." Send me p.m. if you want more advice.

Purk

Feb 14, 2003 at 9:08 AM Post #5 of 5
I don't know aboutt headphone availabilty, but I do know there a very high availability of very good looking girls in Thailand. Who knows, you may wind up with a new "mommy"
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back