Headphone and music style
Jan 16, 2003 at 11:44 PM Post #33 of 47
I honestly must say that I like all forms of music equally...and yes, i do listen to all those forms on an equal basis (continuously rotating and what not). but i do have a favorite phone....the Ety ER-4S paired with an amp. as of right now, i am listening to some Acid Jazz (basically, slow beat Techno/Jazz)...so if that's what you wish to place me under, then that's ok
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2003 at 12:49 AM Post #35 of 47
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but why do you guys think you need different phones for different music. Isn't it just about reproducing the different frequencies? If so, it would seem like a great hp should work for ALL kinds of music. Again, I know less about this stuff than anyone here, so I'm not trying to be a wise ass, just my normal dumd ass self.
biggrin.gif

JC

Jan 17, 2003 at 4:22 AM Post #38 of 47
JonCovenant: Certain phones emphasize certain frequency ranges and portray certain dynamics with rather different timbres and colorations. For example, I already feel my HD580 is heavy on the bass for my classical recordings, while not heavy enough for some people for pop recordings. Realizing that headphones are not even close to being 100% neutral and merely reproduce what is on the recording is key to this argument.

Jan 17, 2003 at 5:18 PM Post #42 of 47
Senn 580's - Metallica, Black Sabbath, Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, Sarah Slean, and everything in between.

Senn 495's - MP3's of all types on my computer since I'm too cheap to get a half-decent speaker system for it.

Jan 17, 2003 at 5:27 PM Post #43 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
Sorry......there's NO way I could do this. My brain is on overload as it is.
tongue.gif

are there that many musical styles yet?
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #44 of 47
Anything - Ety ER4S, ksc35 (portable)
Rock/Trance - Grado sr325

Jan 18, 2003 at 7:04 PM Post #45 of 47
Well, I'm a poor college student... so I don't have many headphone options. Scratch that, one option, my Grado SR80s. And it's slightly funny that I'm concerned about sound quality to begin with, since I listen to mostly "indie rock" (no, the Strokes are not indie rock...) and a lot of those recordings are pretty bad to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back