Headphone and DAC + Ampli portable
Apr 7, 2015 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

carrubi

New Head-Fier
Hello.
I'm new here but i've been reading this forum for almost 2 years.
I'm Italian so please excuse if i make some grammar error.
I would like to know what would be a good headphone to use at home and to carry with me.
I need also a good portable ampli+dac.
What i had in mind was Sennheiser hd800 + Astell&Kern 120ii.
Can you confirm it has enough juice to power the hd800?
In the future i would also like to use the A&K 120 as a DAC in my future home system; is it possible to make it work as a DAC with some ampli to feed a Martin Logan speaker?
Any suggest for another headphone or dac is welcome.
I was also considering the Fiio E18 as DAC and Beyerdynamic DT880 or Sennheiser hd600 as headphone.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi
Im feeding my HD800 with a AK120 and it sounds pretty darn good, i even made a a cable with a 3.5mm plug for it composed out of a HD580 cable with HD800 plugs i bought seperateley.
Some musics are recorded at lower volume and require me to raise the volume knob but i never come short.
If you get yourself aAK120ii then you can use balanced output which give even more power for your cans.

If youre a basshead then you might want to use an extenal amp. Since bass is very well present but not overruling.

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm now considering buying a Centrance m8 dac/amp, so that i can give enough power to wichever headphone i choose. I'm also choosing between senn hd800 and audeze lcd2...

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #5 of 5
Found and incredible offer on amazon.es (i'm italian, but bought in spain because they had the cheapest one) and i just bought the "iFi micro iDsd".
As soon as i get it i'm going to search for a good pair of headphone to pair it with.
Any suggestion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back