Headphone amp with two/more rca inputs?
Jun 14, 2005 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MichaelPublic

Head-Fier
hi all,

I'm looking for a headphone amp (tube would be nice):
inexpensive
has two or more rca inputs and one rca out to amp

I'm going to use it with a modded T-Amp as a tube preamp, I hope.

Advice on this topic and links appreciated.
( I found one but lost the link, oh well that's why there's head-fi)

Jun 14, 2005 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 9
tubed with multiple rca inputs? hmm - sounds like you need some eddie current lovin'! both the hd-25 or the hd-300 fulfill your requirements. you might want to ask craig of eddie current about the upcoming dm-1.
wink.gif

www.eddiecurrent.com

Jun 14, 2005 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 9
Singlepower Audio is another option. Mikhail will configure an amp to fit your needs. Good luck.
600smile.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 12:59 PM Post #4 of 9
There are a few options:

A. Go with one of the amps that others have already listed. I have no experience with any of them so I don't feel comfortable offering any additional advice.

B. There are a couple of other commercial vendors with tube amps available, but I'm not sure all of them offer switched inputs. Check out Headroom's Millett Hybrid . I haven't heard their version but if it sounds anything like the Millett Hybrids I've built you won't be disappointed. Also Shellbrook Audio Lab just came out with a Millett Hybrid as well. The stock version doesn't have switched inputs, but I'm sure Drew can handle it. You didn't mention a budget so if it works you should also check out Ray Samuels Raptor which I can't find on his site right now but poke around here and you're bound to find out good things about this amp.

C. I didn't realize posting common knowledge, especially the name of a Mall-Fi poster (thrice) was an issue. For posting that "other name" mea cupla, mostest appologies, what have you...

D. Build something yourself. There are kits, premade PCBs or just naked schematics out there in the public domain that would certainly fit the bill. Amp building is a lot of fun
smily_headphones1.gif
!

HTH,

Nate

Jun 14, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 9
Some serious overnight action here on head-fi. Good to see, I think.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check out those sites more thoroughly and do some digging for kits as I'm able to do basic solder and can sort of use a multimetre.
kits kits kits, or maybe a Chinese tube model off Ebay
600smile.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 9
Hi,

forgot to mention the Ear+ + II Headphone Amplifier/Line Preamplifier from MapleTree Audio. afaik, it also fulfills all your requirements and is a highly regarded amp around here to boot. kit versions available too.
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

C. Contact one of the builders on this site and have them build you a custom amp. There are several popular designs that could be used if you don't already have one in mind. First few names that spring to mind are **** and +++++ but I'm sure there are more that I don't know.

Read the Head-Fi Rules

We have a mall here for approved selling of product and just because the DIY gang has been getting away with murder do not for a moment think I will allow this "spillage" of DIY For Profit to cross over.

I am editing your thread rather than deleting it.If you have a problem with that PM me and we can discuss it.

the rest-play by the rules or don't play at all

thanks

rickmonster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back