Headphone amp with integrated dac or amp + external dac? (apogee groove and darkvoice or xduoo TA-03)
Jul 17, 2019 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bilal.robin

New Head-Fier
hello, this is my first post on headhifi so please apologize if my questions are that of a beginner. I express myself in French and translate my questions with google trad, sorry also if I can not make myself understood. I want to improve my HD800S and my HD6XX that I currently use with my UAD sound card and my apogee groove I make music). For my non-critical relaxing listening I would like something less digital and I would like to make my entry into the world of tube amps. I am currently hesitating between the darkvoice and the XDUOO TA-03s, in the case of darkvoice I plan to release the sounds of my mac with apogee groove in rca, in the case of XDUOO I would pass directly through the integrated dac. Which of the two options is the best? Is apogee groove good when used in this context or is it better to have a dac integrated with the amp? I thank you in advance for having read me and I thank in advance the possible answers.

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Both are equally good! I would go for the one you prefer / can get cheapest.

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 3
thank you for your reply. It reassures me to know that the xduoo is good because it corresponds more to my expectations in terms of size and portability. Nevertheless, I would like to understand the theory. Is it advisable to go out of an interface like apogee groove to a rca source? thank you in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back