Headphone/Amp ?'S
Jan 6, 2010 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Chriscorv55

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm shocked to have found a forum dedicated to music lovers like my self. Well I dont know where to start, so ill keep it short. Basically I just used a set of Sony MDR-V900's no amp... decent plug and go phones. Well the other day I listened to a pair of AKG 701's Love the sound the produce. I ended up purchasing a Music Hall dac25.2. I figured I needed a dac no matter what and its got a built in headphone amp. Im wondering if i did the right thing headphone amp wise for the 701's? Thanks for reading. Any pointers for EQ settings. I listen to Dave Matthews, Cold Play, Foreigner, lenny kravitz. Songs on that idea. Thanks again!

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chriscorv55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any pointers for EQ settings. I listen to Dave Matthews, Cold Play, Foreigner, lenny kravitz. Songs on that idea. Thanks again!

Don't know about the amp, but I wanted to comment on EQ-settings. It of course depends on your preferences. Try to determine what you want more and less of when you listen to your music. Do you want more presence on the vocals? Are the guitars too thin sounding?

Here's a list telling you how instruments are affected by EQing different frequencies:
http://www.recordingwebsite.com/articles/eqprimer.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back