Headphone + Amp OR Better Headphones?
Mar 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

iDynastyz

New Head-Fier
Ok so im debating getting a cheaper pair of headphones (Panasonic rp-htf600) with a portable amp (Fiio E6) or just a set of Sony Xb500s. I listen to hip/hop, dubstep, techno or whatever has heavy bass. I like how the XB's frequency range drops to 4 as the Pana's only drop to 10. But at the same time I've heard the XB's aren't that good for other types of music as the mids/highs are "muddy." So what do you think? Will the Pana's with an amp outperform the Sony's in bass/sound quality? I'm also up for other suggestions.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also up for non-portable amp nows. I think I'll use E6 for my IEMs, and seperate amp for my desk.

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Ok so im debating getting a cheaper pair of headphones (Panasonic rp-htf600) with a portable amp (Fiio E6) or just a set of Sony Xb500s. I listen to hip/hop, dubstep, techno or whatever has heavy bass. I like how the XB's frequency range drops to 4 as the Pana's only drop to 10. But at the same time I've heard the XB's aren't that good for other types of music as the mids/highs are "muddy." So what do you think? Will the Pana's with an amp outperform the Sony's in bass/sound quality? I'm also up for other suggestions.
EDIT: Also up for non-portable amp nows. I think I'll use E6 for my IEMs, and seperate amp for my desk.

I like the sound of the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and do not like the sound of the XB500.
But guess what, there are others on Head-Fi that do not agree with me
But i do believe most would agree that the Beyerdynamic EDT 200 Velour ear pads ($20-$25) work great on the HTF600.

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 3
I know that, I would really like to get both... One for the build/sound quality and the other for fun time bass. But I got four 6.5" speakers, 2 DAD BD 12" subs, and two Hifonics 2000.1s to buy, which will cost hundreds but oh well. I got a fake pair of Dr Dre. Beats tour edition (IEMs) for working out, portability, etc etc. I'm pretty sure it was worth the $16 lol. I think having the E9 would be fun if the bass booster works well. Idk i guess ill just have to try it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back