headphone amp. necessity
Oct 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

captcj

New Head-Fier
hi,first post here. i'm planning to buy a headphone amp that i can carry anywhere with me. i just want to know if it is really a necessity to have one and will it change the sound quality. i have a grado sr80i headphone and my main player is my 4th gen ipod. i'll be buying a cowon player and upgrading my headphone from the sr80i that i have to a Grado SR325i or a Grado SR225i within a couple of months from now.

Oct 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 7
  hi,first post here. I'm planning to buy a headphone amp that I can carry anywhere with me. i just want to know if it is really a necessity to have one and will it change the sound quality. i have a grado sr80i headphone and my main player is my 4th gen ipod. i'll be buying a Cowon player and upgrading my headphone from the sr80i that i have to a Grado SR325i or a Grado SR225i within a couple of months from now.

I would suggest any budget you had for a headphone amplifier, be added to whatever DAP (Digital Audio Player),Cowon?, budget you have. As the better the DAP, the less you would have a need to get an add-on portable amplifier.

Oct 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 7
my budget for my DAP is just 200-250 dollars. can you recommend DAPs that i should buy? my budget for a headphone amp is 100-150 dollars. thank you for the help. 

Oct 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #4 of 7
welcome to Headfi.

why do you want to buy cowon? 
you could consider buying DAP (such as this, http://www.amazon.com/HiFiMAN-HiFiMan-HM-601-Portable-Player/dp/B004DHOHYQ).
Then you do not need a headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back