headphone amp for iPod/car
Sep 2, 2002 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

theREALsean

New Head-Fier
Hello head-fi.org surfers,

I have a 20GB iPod and I love it...who wouldn't?! I have no fancy car that allows me to plug in any type of audio cables so I use the tape deck with the tape deck thingy...I can't remember what its called right now. I turn the volume up a decent amount on the 'stereo' and half-way on the iPod and it is not very loud at all. I am considering if some portable amp would increace it [volume] or anything. Any other advice for a VERY novice user like me? Remember, the iPod doesn't have line out :\

TIA,
Sean

Sep 2, 2002 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 2
Hey, I replied to your post in the Apple forum. With your setup you're going to have to turn your ipod up all the way and control the volume from the stereo. If that's not loud enough for you than yeah go for the amp, probably a DIY one. I know you're trying to save battery life on the ipod, but remember even with an amp, the signal out depends on the signal in, and turning the volume all the way up on the ipod will get you an output comparable to a line out (I may be mistaken), but if you turn it up all the way with your present setup, you may not need the amp.
Just some thoughts....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back