Headphone amp for HD650s
Apr 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

icarusfoundyou

New Head-Fier
Hey,
I've had a set of Sennheiser HD650s for around 3 years, and I never really used them because I was just so used to my set of speakers. I'm gradually getting used to them, but all I have to power them is a Creative Fatal1ty PCI-x card (yeah I know... it was fine for speakers though).
Even though the headphones sound great and I've steadily gotten used to them everything I've read indicates I need a proper amplifier to use them fully.

The difficulty is that my budget is around $100. I could easily just switch out my soundcard for a different one, or use a headphone amp, I'm just not sure what there is at that budget for these headphones.

Thanks for any help!

Apr 14, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #2 of 4
650still has good sound if no amp drives it 。In fact,100dollars' amp can't make any improvement。So don 't worry,save the money,just enjoy it。(my 600still has no amp yet,haha)

Apr 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
650still has good sound if no amp drives it 。In fact,100dollars' amp can't make any improvement。So don 't worry,save the money,just enjoy it。(my 600still has no amp yet,haha)

The Magni is 100 dollars, the O2 can be built for under 100 dollars, these will improve the sound dramatically. I am not saying they will take the 650 to where it can go, but to say 100 dollars "can't make an improvement" is inaccurate.

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
The Magni is 100 dollars, the O2 can be built for under 100 dollars, these will improve the sound dramatically. I am not saying they will take the 650 to where it can go, but to say 100 dollars "can't make an improvement" is inaccurate.

+1, The magni will certainly make drastic improvements for just 100, there's no reason not to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back