Headphone AMP/DAC for Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 Ohm
Aug 23, 2016 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sp0ddermaN1

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I am looking for an AMP and DAC for my Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 Ohm headphones. (sometimes at certain frequencies I hear a clipping distortion)
I spent much time looking on other threads and watching reviews on YouTube, but I am still clueless.
At first, I looked at the FiiO E10K Olympus 2, but then I heard they don't provide enough power to get the best SQ.
I also took a look at Schiit Fulla, read and viewed some reviews and again the same story as with the FiiO.
After that, I concluded that I should get a Schiit Magni 2 for 120 euros and later on a 50/40 euros DAC, but that is quite expensive :frowning2:.
I mainly listen to EDM and play FPS, most of my music is MP3 320 kbs and a little FLAC.

Is the FiiO or the Schiit Fulla enough for the headphones or do I need to spend the extra money to get the Schiit Magni 2 and separate DAC?
I am currently using onboard audio from my MSI z170a Gaming Pro motherboard with the Realtek ALC1150.

Thanks! :D

Aug 25, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 2
See if you can find a good deal on a used Bravo Ocean hybrid headphone amplifier.

An Asus Xonar DX sound card (used is fine), would provide a fairly good DAC function, for use with a head amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back