Headphone amp better than Little Dot Mk. II
Jan 29, 2022 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ties to

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

Looking for an amp better than what I currently have. I.e. better resolution and detail while retaining full bodied and sonorous sound. I have upgraded the LD with 6sn7 output and Siemens EF92 driver tubes. HD600 and DT880/600 ohm phones.

Budget $350.

Impossible?

Feb 2, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 7
Look for used CHORD Mojo. With the advent of the Mojo 2 there should be great deals for used original Mojos and they still sound great.
When I got the Mojo it beat my $4000 system DAC and I have 3 Chord DACs in use now… they are really good and should meet your requirements.

Feb 2, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 7
Look for used CHORD Mojo. With the advent of the Mojo 2 there should be great deals for used original Mojos and they still sound great.
When I got the Mojo it beat my $4000 system DAC and I have 3 Chord DACs in use now… they are really good and should meet your requirements.
Hi surfgeorge,

Interesting suggestion. I never considered portable amps. Will the Mojo work well with the high-impedance Beyers?

Feb 2, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 7
Hi surfgeorge,

Interesting suggestion. I never considered portable amps. Will the Mojo work well with the high-impedance Beyers?
Mojo is pretty powerful, enough to drive high efficiency speakers, so it drives headphones usually very well.
Where it definitely shows limitations is with super power (current) hungry headphones like a Hifiman Arya. The designer, Rob Watts, posted that actually IEMs are often harder to drive because they need low voltage and high current, while headphones require less current.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #7 of 7
Hello all,

Looking for an amp better than what I currently have. I.e. better resolution and detail while retaining full bodied and sonorous sound. I have upgraded the LD with 6sn7 output and Siemens EF92 driver tubes. HD600 and DT880/600 ohm phones.

Budget $350.

Impossible?
how about an ifi go blu? you'll get a dac plus bluetooth and amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back