Headphone Amp and Para-EQ < 600
Nov 1, 2009 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bladebarrier

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

I have a set of Denon ah-d7000's, which I love, but I'd like to pair it up with a parametric eq, and an amp, for under $600.

I realize that's considered on the low side for a price point, but I'm sure there are suggestions that could direct me in the right direction.

The alternative to a parametric, would be a 32 band eq (1/3 octave). I'd like to keep the size limited, but they don't have to be tiny (full size rack width would be fine, if that's the compromise I need to make).

I currently running the Denon's for music, gaming, and movies. They're currently running off of a soundblaster x-fi card, which is adequate for most people, but lacks parametric controls (or a full scale 1/3 octave eq), and while the headphones are plenty capable of being very loud just from the card's built in amp, I would think it would be better to use an outboard amp if EQ'ing is to be done, as it would reduce distortion and noise.

In a second direction, I've seen that higher end sound cards are being released but that the processing on them can be limited due to soundblaster's hold on certain patents. Are there any cards that could offer all of this in one package, and still maintain at least reasonable EAX capabilities?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

BB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back