Headphone amp and DAC for the Denon AH-D2000?
Dec 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Alexei1337

New Head-Fier
I have £300 to spend, and a need a good amp and dac combo (or separate doesn't really matter :) I listen to FLAC through my computer, so the quality there is good :) I love my denons, as i listen to a lot of bass heavy music, drum and bass, dubstep and the headphones perform great on more trebely songs as well :) What would be your suggestions,
Cheers,
Alexei 
beyersmile.png

Dec 17, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #3 of 6
The 2k's are not so hard to drive. I use a dacmagic with a hybrid amp, but if I could choose again I would go for a dac/amp combo.

Read about the the matrix mini-i, audio gd fun or maybe the yulong d100. They fit your price and I think they would go well with the Denons. And if you ever want to upgrade your system, you will still have a decent dac.

Happy hunting! :)

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #5 of 6
I have the same Denon and a Yulong U100. Though I don't have many references to compare it with, I think the combo sounds great and is definitely an improvement over the stock soundcard. My ears began to hurt looong before I reached the 12 o'clock position, so the amp is good enough for ear-bleeding volumes.
If you have any specific questions you can ask me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back