Headphone advice
Jul 30, 2009 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nekromantik

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey
I am looking for some cheap IE headphones under £40 that are good for house/trance music and movies.

I will be using it with my Asus Xonar D1 soundcard,

thanks

Jul 30, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 12
The cables are stiff on the 2/200, but I've yet to hear anything better than the Ultimate Ears Metro.fi

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone?

Not a fair comparison since the Grados and Koss's have the advantage of being open on-ear phones. I've never tried the metro.fi's and am not familiar with british pricing for IEMs so I cannot make a better recommendation.

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok thanks.
Which ones are better Igrado or Koss and how do they compare with the CX300 2s?

The KSC75's are great (read: unbeatable) for the $15 they cost. The iGrados are quite a bit more, but I have yet to try them. I did prefer my modded KSC75's to Grado SR60s, which use the same drivers as the iGrados, in a brief listen, but that's a different matter.

You can read the review in my sig for some impressions of the Koss's and some competitors.

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #9 of 12
I voted the Porta's as the most overrated headphones. The Metro.fi's are still the best an d my favourite IEm's for your budget. i've yet to hear anything that's better. Oh, i know poeple say sony, Sennheiser,or even the new nuforce, but in all seriousness, i've still think the Metro's are the most fun, the most involving and the best SQ for the price.

The Igrado's will waste Koss, the koss are good, bassy, but the igrado's are harder, faster and more detailed. For me there's no real comparison. The iGrado's are going for £25 on play at the moment.

Play.com (UK): DVDs, Music CDs, MP3s, Video Games, Books, Electronics & Gadgets - Free Delivery - Search Results: igrado

IN comparison, the CX300 are slow and dumpy compared to the iGrados'.

sorry gotta run!

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #10 of 12
^^ right... me thinks youve never heard them amped properly and/or modded and recabled?? maybe you just dont like them, but OMG MF3 lol lacking in pretty much everything IMO

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ right... me thinks youve never heard them amped properly and/or modded and recabled?? maybe you just dont like them, but OMG MF3 lol lacking in pretty much everything IMO

would you say get the Igrados instead of Koss if I dont bother modding the Koss?

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #12 of 12
if you modify a mini, it's still a mini not a ferrari! it's up to you, but after owning both and having 10 amps (currently) I'd go for the iGrado's every time. I know the koss have a huge following, but like the Sennheiser Twins (100/200) I think it's time to move on. The iGrado's are the ones to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back