Headphone advice (PSB M4U 1 vs Vmoda m-100) + Introduction
Nov 2, 2014 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SamBBMe

New Head-Fier
First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Sambbme, and although I've been haunting headfi as a guest for the upwards of a year now, I've just now decided to make an account To consult you guys on my biggest purchase yet. I mainly listen to alternative (Your gonna go far, kid (By The offspring, everybody loves me (By one republic), My Heroine (By Maine), songs relative to these), although I sometimes dabble into softer music, like the Plain white T's rhythm of love.

don't care about my intro? Read below

I am possibly (Very, very likely) going to upgrade into a pair of headphones in the 300$ range. Right now I am using the Scosche Realm RH1056m, and in my opinion the bass is really recessed (Only on the hyper-bass centric songs do I really ever feel like its anything more than an overlooked piece in any song), while the highs are slightly forward, and to be honest its soundstage is kinda bad... Like I'm hearing it inside of tenament housing. But you didn't come here to hear about what I have, so hears what I'm looking for: A pair of portable headphones, in which I will not be using an amp for (Even if it is portable), sound quality is of course top priority (I am by no means a purist), but build quality, portability, and aesthetics are rather close. Accessory's are also very important as I will not be buying anything to accompany the headphones afterwards. So after quite a bit of research, i've narrowed it down to the Vmoda m-100's and the PSB M4U 1. I know the M4U1's have better sound quality (Balanced and better accuracy), but the Vmodas also, from what I've read, have an amazing soundstage, and some amazing Bass as wel (Which tends to drown out mids, but highs tend to emerge after bunout)l. The Vmodas also look a lot better (In my opinion), are more portable, have alot more accessories, better build quality (Nearly all metal, above military grade), and do not really need amping (Amping doesn't do much)... So there is a fair argument to it as well. So its pretty much marginally better sound quality vs every other aspect of the head phones. Also, I do keep all of my music in 320 kbs, and I use Google play music (Which specializes in high quality music steaming), and my phone (The OPO, I don't use another portable player because of ease of access, and fiscal reasons. Plus the OPO drives pretty well from what I've read), in case you guys were wondering/were looking to aim criticism. I am open to all other headphone suggestions too, so these are by no means set in stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back