Headphone adjustment "click" feature
Apr 3, 2004 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gort

100+ Head-Fier
I had my HD600 for almost three weeks now and this morning I had a epiphany. HD600s has the click headband adjustment feature and why not set it to same click amount on each side? 10 clicks on each side are perfect for me and it improved the comfort tremendously.

I couldn't find anything about this during my brief search on this boards. Is setting the headphone with exact same amount of clicks on each side no brainer for most people? Am I slow by figuring it out just now?
frown.gif

Are the Senns the only headphones with clicky headbands? I can't imagine buying another headphone without this feature. Is must have for me. Yes you can get the same result from Grado using a ruler but that's a pain.
600smile.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 5
If you remove the headphones from the box and it fits pretty well - you are not likely to look for a headband adjustment.

Beyer's also have click adjustments, and the DT880 "type" is usually very tight until it has been used a few times. It may take an inordinate amount of pulling pressure to extend the "fingers".

Apr 3, 2004 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 5
gort: Do you sleep on your side (usually, it's preferably the right one)? Then you might want to take a look into the mirror, because there's a good chance that your ears are slightly asymmetric (usually, the right ear will be a bit flatter and hang a tad higher). For myself, that usually means one click more on the left side - and it's a reason why I prefer somewhat flexible frames on headphones and earcups that can swivel in every direction. Fine adjustment often seems the key to good imaging.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back