Headphoes to fall asleep in
Jul 26, 2005 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

BrftSkier04

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a good pair of headphones to get my girlfriend for her birthday. I've found both of my pairs on this forum (Sennheiser HD280s and little silver earbuds with delta-sigma on them) and I couldn't be happier.

Here's her problem: She needs music to fall asleep to and her roommate next year needs silence. So do any of you know of a pair of headphones or earbuds that would be comfortable and safe to fall asleep in?

Price is more of a factor than quality; we're both college students on a budget and she really is not an audiophile. Any help would be appreciated!

(Oh, and if you could remind me of the name of my earbuds, that would be great, too.
confused.gif
)

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #2 of 24
i fall asleep easily with my EX71's on. IMO, these are probably the most comfortable in-ear buds around.

edit: i think the brand with delta-sigma logo you are referring to are audio technicas.

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
i fall asleep easily with my EX71's on. IMO, these are probably the most comfortable in-ear buds around.

I can most wholeheartedly second that. I've used them to fall aslee to music in the last two nights and they have been comfy as!

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c

I'll third this suggestion. She can sleep without the use of the extension cord, leaving no chance of a cord strangle.

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
I'll third this suggestion. She can sleep without the use of the extension cord, leaving no chance of a cord strangle.

x4... I used my EX51 to sleep in. Although the connection did sever on the left side one night
frown.gif

Garrett

Jul 26, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #10 of 24
I have a hard time sleeping with IEM's. I can sleep with my HD515's though. They are very comfortable. I got them for like $65-$70 or something, it was a 1 time deal, brand new from a big box retailer.

Jul 26, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #11 of 24
I'm not sure I ever want to fall asleep in HeadPhoes although it's slightly more attractive than falling asleep in HeadFoes...
tongue.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:06 AM Post #13 of 24
I'm surprised no one has suggested the Sennheiser HD650?

I'm joking, I'm joking, please don't hurt me Sennheiser mafia!!!
I do like the HD650, and HD600 as well.

Seriously, I've tried using several different types of headphones to fall asleep with, including Beyerdynamic DT880, Sony EX70 and Westone UM2.

The Sony EX70 worked well and I'm listening at ultra-low volume anyway so the bad sound quality is acceptable.

x5 Sony EX71

Jul 26, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Elephas
And no, I didn't break my TriPorts by sleeping with them! http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/show...57&postcount=41

I could see that being a problem if you move around a lot while you sleep, but then if you move around that much, you may not be sleeping.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back