Headphile K3000 has landed....
Jul 8, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #16 of 38
Freaking insane. That's a beautiful can, and someday I hope one pops up at a NYC meet so I can check that bad boy out!
eggosmile.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 12:29 PM Post #17 of 38
I thought once I got my speakers set up, that I'd never want to be bothered with headphones again. The k3000s are really fighting for my attention.

Jul 8, 2005 at 12:36 PM Post #18 of 38
Beautifull. Congratulations man... time to update the signature.
cool.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 12:39 PM Post #19 of 38
Sixerfan, of course you know you can borrow my HD650's whenever you want. But remember, I'll need some collateral, like uh...maybe the K3000's?

icon10.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Sixerfan, of course you know you can borrow my HD650's whenever you want. But remember, I'll need some collateral, like uh...maybe the K3000's?

icon10.gif

Uh oh...here we go again...lol. I'll lend them to you around early august. I'll be enrolled in RA training and it's all day.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 1:52 PM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan
Uh oh...here we go again...lol. I'll lend them to you around early august. I'll be enrolled in RA training and it's all day.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well we'll decide then. Who knows, you might have a hard time prying the HD650's from my hands by then, since my Über-Millet will be in.

Another thing I thought of is the next Pittsburgh meet. Myself and tkam might be getting together again later this summer since we're getting new toys, so maybe a bus ride is in your future?

Jul 8, 2005 at 2:52 PM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Well we'll decide then. Who knows, you might have a hard time prying the HD650's from my hands by then, since my Über-Millet will be in.

Another thing I thought of is the next Pittsburgh meet. Myself and tkam might be getting together again later this summer since we're getting new toys, so maybe a bus ride is in your future?

I can't do anything in august, but if it were before then I'd try to be there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #24 of 38
I can't believe you are going balanced... are you going to send all of your headphones back to Larry to have them recabled?

PS. Where are you getting your Dynamight from? [PM me if you want]

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #25 of 38
Actually the headphones just needed reterminated as they are "balanced ready" in that each channel already has it's own seperate ground wire. Larry will be reterminating them all, and I'm getting the dynamight from SFT.

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:10 PM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
Actually the headphones just needed reterminated as they are "balanced ready" in that each channel already has it's own seperate ground wire. Larry will be reterminating them all, and I'm getting the dynamight from SFT.

That is true of most headphones that have been recabled I suppose... good point.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #27 of 38
Wow!

Is there any word on the best way to amplify these?
k1000smile.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #28 of 38
I'm thinking that the Dynahi would be a good start... of course if you are going to go to all the expense of getting these cans modded, you might as well get them cabled balanced and get an adapter to use until you can upgrade the rest of your setup... I sort of wish I had gone that way with my K340's to begin with.
frown.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
Wow!

Is there any word on the best way to amplify these?
k1000smile.gif

The ppa or m3 can handle them just as well as other amps can.
cool.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #30 of 38
Have you heard them on the Dynahi?
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back