Headphile Copper or silver (need advice)
Jul 22, 2006 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Paradigm

100+ Head-Fier
Basically I need dual 1/4 to stereo RCA for my Gilmore light to my 1212m
I am using hd650's. Both copper and Silver are available for the same price, so my question is as follows:

Which one is better for my set-up. I am assuming that both of these options are offered due to sonic characteristics of the material, please correct me if I am wrong.

Should I go with silver or copper, is there difference between the Two?

Jul 22, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 19
I'd personally go for silver.
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #5 of 19
There are alloys to split the difference...

Jul 23, 2006 at 12:48 PM Post #11 of 19
Nods, similar to a Kimber Silver Streak with some runs being copper others silver.

Jul 26, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #12 of 19
I understand Larry's Black Max and Black Gold cables are silver / copper combos - and have a bit warmer sound, while retaining the detail of silver.

But... they're a lot more expensive!

And... I'm not sure the HD6XX's need any more warmth - they're a bit too warm as it is. They need clarity and detail - which silver provides.

Besides... his Black Silver cables are a bargain... and... I'd like to get a few more opinions of satisfied customers... before... I buy one!

As I understand it both the Zu and Silver Dragon are all silver cables and they, reportedly, make big improvements in the clarity and detail of the HD6XX's. So, why not the Black Silver Senn v2 of Headphile?

Let us all know, what you think, if you get it.

GF2

Jul 26, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2
As I understand it both the Zu and Silver Dragon are all silver cables and they, reportedly, make big improvements in the clarity and detail of the HD6XX's. So, why not the Black Silver Senn v2 of Headphile?

I had the SD cable with my HD-580 & HD-650, and I personally dislike that cable: sound- & build-wise. The sound has a V-like EQ effect on the Senns and the stiffness & microphonicness of the cable drove me nuts.

Jul 26, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #14 of 19
AKZip uses a OFC copper / silver alloy wire (75/25 iirc) which has speed and smoothness (without the shrill edge), as well as durability, which I preferred to the Moon Blue or Silver Dragon cables.

Ping Alex for more info...

Jul 26, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #15 of 19
go with the Blacksilver - that's what I use on the Darth Grados and they're brilliant. Literally
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back