headphile black velour pads for akg k271??
Sep 20, 2010 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bik2101

1000+ Head-Fier
anyone try these or have pictures? tried a search on google and came up with nothing.
i'm wondering if they are worth getting - i would assume they can be put on the k240's also? or am i wrong?

Sep 20, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
anyone try these or have pictures? tried a search on google and came up with nothing.
i'm wondering if they are worth getting - i would assume they can be put on the k240's also? or am i wrong?

The headphile black velour pads are just beyerdynamic pads dyed black. They fit the K240/K270.

AKG has it's own velour pads btw. 

Sep 20, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 6
cool.. i know akg has their own... i was just wondering if anyone who has tried these think they are better than the velour pads from akg

Sep 21, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
cool.. i know akg has their own... i was just wondering if anyone who has tried these think they are better than the velour pads from akg

I haven't done any detailed comparisons but the AKG pads are flatter than the Beyer pads. The Beyer pads are more comfy.  

Sep 21, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #5 of 6
Here a picture of mine :

From top to bottom :

AKG velour pads : the best sound and coherency but at the expense of soundstage,good isolation, sound claustrophobic but immersive. comfortable like a pillow.

AKG pleather pads : horrible to wear, painful after 5 minutes, the discomfort is too much for me. lacking bass also

Headphile pads : airy and more comfortable (more place for ears) sound more natural as the pads let the sound come out but lacking body, sound like there is drilled holes on the headphone (semi-open) IMO it is better to buy a real open headphone.

You can guess the sound by looking the pads due to acoustic laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back