Headfive Serial Number List
Jun 23, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #182 of 338
The Meier has landed ! Shipped on Mon 6/19 delivered to N.Y. 6/22. I could not be happier from first impressions. You know how when you pick up a well made tool or an item of quality and can just feel it is put together well ? That is the impression I get right off the bat from the headfive. Also for such a small unit it is quite heavy , very actually. Usually another good sign. Im still shocked that any are left to purchase. I think that will soon change. My thanks to the good Dr. Meier. S/N 129

Jun 23, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #183 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinwerm
Im still shocked that any are left to purchase. I think that will soon change. My thanks to the good Dr. Meier. S/N 129

Yea they will go quick, I think a few were waiting for first impressions befor they took the plung...looks like more and more are purchasing now that the first reviews are tirckling out
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #184 of 338
Just reserved and made payment for #369.
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #186 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
A stupid question: where do you check for the serial number? I just got mine (finally) and hooked it up straight on a PC setup for a 2-day straight burn-in. In the excitement, I forgot to check for the serial number and I can't be bothered to disconnect the amp from the bottom of the table.
biggrin.gif

It's on the bottom of the amp. It says:

ser.no. ca-xxx

Jun 23, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #187 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryB
Great! Did you specifically request that he send it that way, or is that just his usual procedure?

Based on how Dr. Meier commented at wanting to keep the shipping costs down (not including a cable, size restrictions, etc.) I think it's safe to assume this is the standard method of shipping. I know I didn't ask for anything specific.

Jun 23, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #188 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by toastmaster
I know I didn't ask for anything specific.

Good. Then I think it's fair to say that your experience, i.e. not paying any additional taxes, fees, etc. on delivery, should be typical for all Canadians.
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #189 of 338
Yea, I think that's how mine was shipped as well. I wasn't asked to pay for anything and don't see anything of the sort attached to the package so I guess I don't have to either.

Jun 24, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #191 of 338
Are you serious? No tax for Canadians? I live in Vancouver, BC, and the provincial tax is a tad higher. All together 14.5%. When I received my HD580's, I had to pay $22 (CDN) of tax for $179 (USD) of goods. I don't know how that worked (the math doesn't work out).

If I won't have to pay the useless taxes that Canada doesn't deserve from an international purchase, I will personally find an audio-related e-card and send it to Jan.

Hit me up for #220. It should be here on Monday
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #193 of 338
received #105 on 6/21

Jun 24, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #195 of 338
So, Jan doesn't have a list anywhere that shows which numbers are left still and up for grabs? Do you think it'd be possible to ask him if certain numbers are available when ordering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back