Headfive Serial Number List
Jun 4, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #136 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
It's a while since I canceled my Headfive. I just couldn't digest those 4700uF Nichicon VR power supply caps (very unfancy if you ask me) without significant bypassing
blink.gif
redface.gif

You could just bypass them yourself, couldn't you?

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #137 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
You could just bypass them yourself, couldn't you?

Yes, but I wouldn't want to touch this amp. First I'm lazy and want immediate contentment, second I'm too emotive when it comes to modding&tweaking - which means I risk to end up doing evil things to my beloved treasures
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #138 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
Yes, but I wouldn't want to touch this amp. First I'm lazy and want immediate contentment, second I'm too emotive when it comes to modding&tweaking - which means I risk to end up doing evil things to my beloved treasures
very_evil_smiley.gif

Awesome post. Best I have read in weeks.

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #139 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
Awesome post. Best I have read in weeks.

wow! Thank you
tongue.gif

Jun 10, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #143 of 338
I asked for and received #418 because my Grado HF-1"s are also #418. Is this what they mean by system synergy?

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:51 AM Post #144 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjkphd
I asked for and received #418 because my Grado HF-1"s are also #418. Is this what they mean by system synergy?

No, this is what they call LEF (limited edition frenzy).
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:58 AM Post #145 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
wink.gif

LOL.

I went for the Headfive simply because I wanted to experience another amp outside my own Creek. The fact that it is a limited edition pushed me off the cliff. I wish I had a matching HF-1 though. Truth to be told though, I still wish I had bitten and bought something from a much higher price bracket (more likely for an improvement to be noticable). Oh well... we'll see.

Cheers!

Jun 10, 2006 at 10:35 AM Post #146 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
wink.gif

Great marketing technique eh?
wink.gif
But that aside, it's quite a good price for a headphone amp with built in power supply and cross feed - even worldwide shipping is already included. Not to mention that 10% goes to Head-fi!

BTW, #300 is mine!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #147 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
LOL.

I went for the Headfive simply because I wanted to experience another amp outside my own Creek. The fact that it is a limited edition pushed me off the cliff. I wish I had a matching HF-1 though. Truth to be told though, I still wish I had bitten and bought something from a much higher price bracket (more likely for an improvement to be noticable). Oh well... we'll see.

Cheers!

I had an OBH-11 and I felt even the Meier Porta Corda was better. I've never heard the OBH-21 (or the HeadFive yet of course) but I bet there is a chance you will like the Headfive a lot better. Especially if you decide you like crossfeed. Do post your thoughts once you have compared them, please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back