headfi pic display errors
Jul 28, 2005 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Headphoneus Supremus
Am I the only one having problems with this recently? Simple pictures, such as the image "Edit Message" or the little "Y!" that signifies that they entered a Yahoo id, are not showing up correctly at all. The system is seeming to use random user Avatars instead of the normal images. What the heck is going on?
confused.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 9
I can't vouch for others, but this is the first I'm hearing of it. Maybe a cache clear is in order, and a virus check.

Jul 28, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
You're using Firefox with the speed tweaks, right?

The speed tweaks cause this to happen. Clear the cache.

with just HeadFi, or can it happen to any site?

thanks for the heads-up guys
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #6 of 9
Hey Sduibek...if you have to clear your cash, you can always send me some.
cool.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Hey Sduibek...if you have to clear your cash, you can always send me some.
cool.gif

lol
etysmile.gif

Crazy old coot.

EDIT: Hrm. I just looked up "coot" in the dictionary, and it means an eccentric old man. So I pulled a fast one on myself, putting "crazy" and "old" before it. Kinda like saying Automatic ATM Machine. heh. Doh!
redface.gif
eek.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 8:53 AM Post #8 of 9
I also have the problem with them pictures
smily_headphones1.gif
And for quite some time now. I'm using Firefox with a whole bunch of extensions and I have no idea what causes this mess. A complete reload (Ctr.+F5) seems to re-randomize the icons and can therefore help a little.

Jul 28, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastjack
I also have the problem with them pictures
smily_headphones1.gif
And for quite some time now. I'm using Firefox with a whole bunch of extensions and I have no idea what causes this mess. A complete reload (Ctr.+F5) seems to re-randomize the icons and can therefore help a little.

It's not the extensions causing this. It's the "speed tweaks". If you don't remember what speed tweaks you turned on (there are a set of "speed tweak" variations floating around the internet... this is one of the more comprehensive sets), go through each one in "about:config" and restore it to it's default value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back