HeadFi Clan - BF2, COD2, CS:Source
Dec 31, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #63 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinJ
How would it be with different continental players?

i get horrible pings anywhere outside of my general area.. even up in Washington and B.C. i'm already suffering in a bad way.

i only play classic CS though, so can't speak for other games and netcode models.

Dec 31, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #64 of 84
Assuming that we get a suitable public server and we all have xfire installed (for now), or vent (steel?) is anyone up for a few games tomorrow? I have to put ice on my laptop to keep it from artifacting but I am game
wink.gif

Dec 31, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #66 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Assuming that we get a suitable public server and we all have xfire installed (for now), or vent (steel?) is anyone up for a few games tomorrow? I have to put ice on my laptop to keep it from artifacting but I am game
wink.gif

Until you have official word one way or the other from Jude please do not use Head-Fi or any relationship to Head-Fi on public servers. For now just make it amongst yourselves and leave Head-Fi out of it. I would have recommended that you asked permission before starting on this rather than presuming that you would get approval.

Dec 31, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #67 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
Until you have official word one way or the other from Jude please do not use Head-Fi or any relationship to Head-Fi on public servers. For now just make it amongst yourselves and leave Head-Fi out of it. I would have recommended that you asked permission before starting on this rather than presuming that you would get approval.

Jude clarified. Non permiso so we just use whatever names we want and leave HeadFi out of the equation. His reasons are absolutely spot on and I see no reason to be disappointed with his decision.

I'll be gsferrari on CS:S

Can someone scout a good server and post the ip here? thanks! I am studying for my CCIE cert test so a bit tied up right now
eek.gif

Dec 31, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #70 of 84
My name is usually Pacman. Also, are you asking for 1.6 servers? or CS:S?

peace
eggosmile.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #72 of 84
I got us a free 100-man Teamspeak server we can use for now. I know some of you guys prefer ventrilo, but until someone is willing to pay for or can procure a vent server, we can just use this I guess.

IP is 69.13.159.245:8786
Password: Buncha
the room is called "Headphone Clan"

as I said before, we are sharing it with another clan, but there are only 10-15 of them, and I know most of them. That leaves us head-fiers with 85-90 slots. hopefully thats enough.

you might see me in there with the name IRmunky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back