Headfi and safari = slow as *****!
May 5, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #31 of 65
As a reference point, I loaded up Safari 5.1.5 on my MacBook Pro running OS X Lion 10.7.3 and 2.66Ghz Core i7, 8GB and 256Gb SSD. No issues here while browsing forums or albums. 

May 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #33 of 65
Yes, still problematic last night. Can't check it right now, though, because I'm on a 30hr shift.

May 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #34 of 65
I'm using Safari now and I can confirm that the Head-fi.org javascript problem is NOT fixed yet, sadly.

May 9, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #35 of 65
Confirmed, crashes my Ipad 1st gen everytime I launch in safari.  Also causes my (intel) mini to grind to a halt. 

Cheers

May 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #36 of 65
davidcotton, what OSX and iOS versions are you running, and what versions of Safari are on each?  This helps the tech team re-create the issue.

And have you tried clearing your cookies and cache, and restarting your browser?  If not, could you do so and let me know if the problem still persists?

May 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #37 of 65
Hi

mac osx 10.6.8, 1.83 intel core 2 duo

and

Ios 4.2.1

Tried resetting doesn't help.  Not sure how to clear cache on safari.

On firefox it's fine so use that on the mac.

Cheers.

May 9, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #40 of 65
The issue is with the Head-fi forum code, not Safari - I know that sounds like an awfully presumptuous remark but I really think if it was a personal browser issue, we wouldn't be seeing several people experience problems with exactly the same onset time. We also wouldn't be seeing ONLY Head-fi causing browser problems.

The issue (for me) ONLY occurs with Head-fi and ONLY when I enable javascript support. As I also mentioned some days ago, the original onset of the problem coincided with a change in behaviour of Head-fi within the stock Android web-browser, too (repeated sequential page-loads, for each advert tile), and, indeed, there is another thread about some Android users experiencing similar problems on Android browsers. Jude has even acknowledged that the forum software has been updated more than once during this time period, and that an issue was, indeed, known about.

May 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #41 of 65
It's true that the problem is from some Javascript code on Head-Fi. But tracking down exactly which parts of the code are responsible is not always a simple thing. Since different browsers and even different versions of the same browser can react in subtly different ways to the same code, it helps to know the browser version. Then at least the dev team can try and use that same version on their test machines to see the problem for themselves.

May 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #42 of 65
Well just had the following pop up in firefox, dunno if it's any help :-

Script: http://yui yahooapis.com/combo?3.4.1/build/yui/yui-min.js&3.4.1/build/loader/loader-min.js:8 unresponsive.

Did a quick google check and it's to do with javascript apparantly.

Even more strange is that headfi has been running fine (touch wood) for the last day or so on ipad.

Cheers.

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #45 of 65
I have the same lockup issues and am running Mac OS 10.8.3 with Safari version 6.03. I can not browse through pages. The site locks up. If I disable Javascript everything works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back