HEADBANGER BLUES!!!
Jun 11, 2006 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MRSHUTHEHELLUP

New Head-Fier
alright, im new to this sound sensation, only for your ears only thing. im looking for some cans that rule for metal. i want them to crank but sound clean at the same time. i'll be mainly using them on my lap top but i plan on getting another mp3 player. i did have a rivers mp3 player but my ex shattered it. i also plan on getting an amp aswell. any suggestions on those asweell would be very usefull. thanx

Jun 11, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 10
What is your budget? For under $20, Koss KSC-75 is probably best sounding head/earphones. If you have $$$, I would say go for Grado SR-60 or 80.

Jun 11, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 10
For rock, a grado is probably in your future. As reccomended previously, the grado SR60 is a great "gate-way drug", and should see you well on the road to head-fi heaven and broken wallet hell.

Any rough idea of budget?

Oh, and welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet!

Jun 11, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 10
well, i strongly believe in what you pay for is what you get. however, i've spent a good bit of change on some high dollar **** and didnt get what i paid for. i just want my headphones to sound like a twentythousand dollar home audio system in my ears. i want them to crank but sound very clean doing it.

if it takes to spend a little more money to get the best for what i listen to- i'll save to get it. thanx

lets not worry about budget lets worry about what rules for metal

Jun 12, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
its hard to headbang with grados on

Yes, it is, that's why I've just switched to my K-501s(nice light cable single sided connection) to listen to some Sodom.

You really must find your own sound. You'll be told that Grados are good for rock and these are good for that and blah blah but if you like the sound of a headphone you will enjoy them for just about anything.

Jun 12, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

You really must find your own sound. You'll be told that Grados are good for rock and these are good for that and blah blah but if you like the sound of a headphone you will enjoy them for just about anything.

I disagree. I loved the sound of the AKG K340, but only with certain music. I decided to sell them because the type of music they excel at I really don't listen to that much. The same can be said of the SR-225's, they were amazing for rock and destroyed the K340's in that genre, but were no match for the K340's in other genres.

From the headphones I have listened to, nothing touches Grado's for rock. That is why I have just decided to go to the Reference Series Grado's because they are the best for rock, and that is basically all I listen to.

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #10 of 10
Grados, Sony V6's, DT770's. You need something with a really strong, not necessarily good, sound, for metal. My HF-1's do a great job with Dream Theater and other metal like the occasional Metallica, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back