Headband mod for KSC 75?
Feb 13, 2006 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

mapleleafs

Head-Fier
About a month ago, I purchased a pair of Koss KSC 75 headphones, and have been loving them ever since. But one day I was bored, so I went looking around the house and found a pair of old headphones (probably from early/mid 90's...), and realized that the ear pieces were attached to the headband with a similar connection as the KSC's to their ear clips.
So here's before pic:
npia8n.jpg

After:
npibtt.jpg

eek.gif

The sound seems much improved, as the drivers are now closer to my ears. But I have a question, which is the main point of this thread.
The more I look at these hybrid headphones, the more they remind me of PX100's. So I was wondering, is there any simple way to make the headband foldable (eg. buy hinges and stickem' on)? Or alternatively, are there stores where I can just buy a foldable headband, and just stick the drivers(+original housing) on them?

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 35
Thats just TOO cool for words. Sometimes the cheapest mods done cleanly are the most impressive.

RE: the folding headband... Maybe you could find a foldable headbanded junk-can on ebay and do a similar mod?

Sometimes I snap my KSC75 drivers into my Koss sportapro headband. So, any of the porta series headbands should work. Although theyre not the cheapest.

What kind of headphone is/was that?

Garrett

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 35
Very smooth mod! Good thing I have a lot of random old and busted headphones to work with in the future.

I as well would like to see it a cool foldable version done.

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #5 of 35
Here's my Master Plan.

Incoming - Portapros, Recabled KSC-35.

When the weather gets warmer, I'm going to pop the clips off the KSC-35, and stick the recabled drivers on the Portapros. Bingo - recabled drivers on a folding headband! With a spare stock set of Koss 60 Ohm Drivers! This might work out well because the recabled drivers might be a bit heavy (dunno, we'll see when they come) and the headband will help alleviate any drag due to that.

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 35
Do you have extra headbands like this? I'd like one.
tongue.gif

Edit:
How to remove the KSC75 from its clips? Just snap them off? I was wondering if a PX100's headband can fit a KSC75.

Mar 1, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #11 of 35
Ohhhhhh, no way. My music tech lab has those EXACT headphones! I am so tempted to take them!

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #14 of 35
Nice work with that mod, looks very good. Makes me wish I had a pair of KSC75's and an extra headband.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back