Headband for DT911's
Feb 5, 2005 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

romesaz

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, Im just curious if anyone knows where I'd be able to order a new headband for the Beyer DT911's. If the place also sells new uh... ear cushions that'd be a plus as well. as well as the phone that covers the drivers...
biggrin.gif

lol
I'm thinking of bringing these back into better shape. we've had them for bout oh 10+ years, and I think they need some upkeep now...

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 3
I thought I was the only one on this forum who still had a pair of DT911s. I've enjoyed countless of hours from these headphones over the past 12 years, and I hope you have also. Only recently have I decided to upgrade my home collection with a pair of HD580s and SR225s to replace them as my primary home cans. The problem with my 911s is that they now look like a sloppy old dog due to fatigue of all the plastic parts. When I lay them down flat on their side they collapse into a shapeless heap. As I wear them the pads drift down and I have to keep pushing them up. This is the only thing that prompted me to buy the Senns and Grados. But they still sound great.

The suede headband looks like it can be easily replaced by removing the 2 little phillips head screws on the inside. I suggest removing it and then taking it to your local shoe repair shop where they should easily be able to make you a new one. You may even be able to do it yourself and experiment with different materials.

For the ear cushions - I would contact BeyerdynamicUSA directly at (800)293-4463. I doubt they still sell pads for the 911, but maybe the DT990 pads will work as a replacement. The DT990 is an old design and they look very similar. It can't hurt to ask. I ordered pads from them for the Sony V6 to DT250 velour pads mod. It cost < $25 and I they got the pads to me in 2 days.

Good-Luck.

Feb 5, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 3
Actually, my 911s dont have screws holding them, but rather they're almost like button/clips, also you can just take off the semi-circular plastic uh...hooks that hold the actual cans. So i was looking for the entire headband.
The pads themselves are the same ones that the 990's take, and i actually sent off an email to the Canadian distributor about both, Just waiting for a reply. I love the headphones, and would just like to actually get them into shape again so to speak, cause they still sound great. Plus being a student I cant afford to buy a new set of equivalent value/sound headphones. I recently acquired a set of dt250 as a gift, and am in love with them, but I want a semi-open or open can as well. Seeing as how i cant afford buying a new set, i wanted to make my 911s look better again
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back