HeadAmp Pico Upsampling USB DAC - Pre-Order Now at intro price
May 22, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #363 of 466
^only usb input for the pico. Other DACs: benchmark, lavry, grace etc. have optical and coax in along with usb. I have never seen a convertor for your outputs on your cd player to a usb.

May 23, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #366 of 466
Received mine earlier today too. Thanks for the wonderful DAC, Justin.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #368 of 466
I got mine yesterday and I really had no idea that it was this small. It's just incredibly impressive to be able to get such great sound out of something this size. I usually don't thank people for things that I've bought as I consider my money to be thanks enough, but in this case, I feel I need to make an exception. Thanks a lot, Justin
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #371 of 466
Received mine and listen to it as we speak. It sounds great!!!

Thank you Justin!

May 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #372 of 466
The Website said 2 weeks shipping for the PICO and I am going on 30 Days. Are you in process of shipping the PICO Amps without the DAC too? I ordered Bronze. I will take the black if it will ship quicker but you owe me 20. LOL

May 27, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #373 of 466
My Pico DAC is plugged into my MBP, which outputs via RCA to a pair of Genelec 6010s without the sub. The Mac and speaker volumes are set to the minimum, but it's too loud~.

I plugged the speakers directly to the headphones output of the MBP, and it's soft enough to allow me for volume adjustments. However, on the DAC, the minimum is just nice, and allows for almost zero volume adjustments.

Any suggestions other than getting the sub which adds volume control?

May 27, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #374 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by eron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Pico DAC is plugged into my MBP, which outputs via RCA to a pair of Genelec 6010s without the sub. The Mac and speaker volumes are set to the minimum, but it's too loud~.

I plugged the speakers directly to the headphones output of the MBP, and it's soft enough to allow me for volume adjustments. However, on the DAC, the minimum is just nice, and allows for almost zero volume adjustments.

Any suggestions other than getting the sub which adds volume control?

A Shure or Westone volume attenuator between the Pico DAC and the speakers.

May 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #375 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Shure or Westone volume attenuator between the Pico DAC and the speakers.

Thanks, that solves the problem.

However, I still don't have volume control on my macbook pro. I can't adjust the volume through the keyboard. The system triggers, but has no effect on the volume. This is regardless of me using the 3.5mm or RCAs.

I can adjust the volume through the software like iTunes though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back