HeadAmp Max vs. more "modern" options?
Mar 15, 2022 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

OpusRob

100+ Head-Fier
Given how long ago they were originally built, would you consider the HeadRoom Max balanced amp is still a stellar piece of equipment, or is it outmoded and outgunned by more modern amps? What would the difference be, and are there comparable modern equivalents? Also, how would you say it stacks up against the Corda HA-1 mk II. I am the kind of person who is comfortable buying something older that might cost a little less rather than trying to keep up with the newest and best, as my budget is limited.

Mar 16, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 6
It's fine and you probably can't do much better for less than $3k new anyway. Most "modern" stuff looks overpriced TBH. It was designed to drive dynamic so YMMV if you want to drive big planar with it.

Mar 16, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 6
It's fine and you probably can't do much better for less than $3k new anyway. Most "modern" stuff looks overpriced TBH. It was designed to drive dynamic so YMMV if you want to drive big planar with it.
Specifically for Grado PS500e, overkill? Occasionally use AKG 701’s as well, but prefer the Grado.

Mar 16, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 6
I don’t know. That is not the typical pairing IIRC.

I like PS500 out of Headamp amps.

Mar 16, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 6
Are you asking about headroom or Headamp amps? I am confused.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back