Headamp KGSS BOM?
Mar 27, 2011 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Alex_O Rules

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking to build my first KGSS using Headamp's PCBs. I think that a great deal of people have done that.  Is there a reasonably up to date BOM that someone has used?

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 6
Half the fun is panel design! 

I'm a fan of the hifi2000 cases, though par-metal is quite popular for a good reason

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 6
My issue with panel design is the sizing of all perforations.  For example, exactly which IEC input should be used?  What about switches?  etc.. etc..  I realize it's easy for most, but for a newbie in panel design it's a bit daunting.

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #5 of 6
[size=12.0px]Alex_O Rules it’s not that daunting, you need to know exactly what functionality you want for your amp.

Your chosen IEC should meet your countries safety approvals, there should be a data sheet available with panel mounting dimensions follow these. As a double check before sending of for milling do a physical check with a ruler, ensure measurements correlate to the data sheet.

You need to the same with all your other connectors, sockets, switches, fuse holders etc.[/size]

Mar 29, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 6
Or, you could cut and drill the holes manually - more fun and sometimes blisters and cuts for the workshop newbie....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back