HEADAMP GSX #001 (Alaska size pics)
Mar 15, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #61 of 95
WOW. That amp is hugh. Thanks for sharing.
eggosmile.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #62 of 95
Congratulations. Your entire system is a thing of beauty.

Mar 18, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #64 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luco
Looking at the pictures, I got the impression that the GS-X came with a power cord, ie a proper one, not the one connecting the power supply to the driving unit. Is this really the case?

the gsx comes with an power supply cord to connect the p/s to the amp itself AND a regular power cord to connect to the wall/outlet

Mar 18, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #66 of 95
Since a few people actually own this piece...maybe they're too busy enjoying themselves, but I'd really like to start seeing some information and material surface on this piece. Mini-reviews, impressions, comparisions, you name it...

Mar 18, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #67 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by A.Thorsen
Since a few people actually own this piece...maybe they're too busy enjoying themselves, but I'd really like to start seeing some information and material surface on this piece. Mini-reviews, impressions, comparisions, you name it...

If I still have my upgraded Gilmore Reference when I'm done burning in GS-X after I receive the amp (no, I don't have it yet), I may (it's a fairly large may) do some comparison write-up, though not sure how useful that would be seeing as there aren't all that many folks with Gilmore Reference around here that I'm aware.

Mar 18, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #68 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
If I still have my upgraded Gilmore Reference when I'm done burning in GS-X after I receive the amp (no, I don't have it yet), I may (it's a fairly large may) do some comparison write-up, though not sure how useful that would be seeing as there aren't all that many folks with Gilmore Reference

me for ex.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I have one coming

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #69 of 95
Quote:

If I still have my upgraded Gilmore Reference when I'm done burning in GS-X after I receive the amp (no, I don't have it yet), I may (it's a fairly large may) do some comparison write-up, though not sure how useful that would be seeing as there aren't all that many folks with Gilmore Reference around here that I'm aware.

Actually I am very interested in a writeup such as that.....I thought about upgrading (?) to GSX but decided to wait a bit for comparisons etc to be posted
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #70 of 95
Quote:

Heh, I thought you'd break, you've had that junkie edge in your postings that just said you needed a new amp no matter what!
biggrin.gif
I would love to see that write up also though it'd probably be fairer to compare it to my new one instead.

EDIT - Oh, by the way, thanks for taking one for the team!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #71 of 95
Well, I guess I'll attemp the write-up (provided my Reference is still here). If I don't, give me a friendly nudge to remind me about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Heh, I thought you'd break, you've had that junkie edge in your postings that just said you needed a new amp no matter what!
biggrin.gif

Hey, I can stop it anytime I want....
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Oh, by the way, thanks for taking one for the team!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Someone had to, right? I was actually hoping for you to receive your new one (and read your impressions of it) before making the decision, but I couldn't resist the temptation. No, I don't have a problem. LOL

Mar 19, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #72 of 95
Quote:

I'm very interested in the comparison. Many people considering a solid state balanced amp will also be looking at other gilmore based amps. The other comparison I'd LOVE to see is to a Dynamight (balanced Dynahi) such as the SFT Dynamight.
I hear a voice in my head telling me that the GS-X is going to be the more practical, more satisfying amp in the long run, but another voice says that the Dynamight may have that last ounce of weight and bass heft. I'd love to read a comparison between these two 800 lb gorillas.

Mar 20, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #73 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonance
The other comparison I'd LOVE to see is to a Dynamight (balanced Dynahi) such as the SFT Dynamight.

Yup, I'd also would like to hear comparisons between the SFT Dynamight and GSX.

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #74 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Yup, I'd also would like to hear comparisons between the SFT Dynamight and GSX.

I just want something concrete. Anything, really.

I really hope Justin updates his site soon...

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #75 of 95
Comparisions between the SFT Dynamite/Headroom Balanced Home/GSX would be cool but yeap look forward to reading impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back