Mar 4, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #46 of 95
Billy you should change your name to bhd001
tongue.gif

Raptor #001, GS-X #001, and . . . .
icon10.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #47 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
I think it should be awhile to take a "FAIR" comparison with the hr2 only cause if anything I am hearing now with the gsx is probably the difference in opamp VS discrete.

Tease!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #52 of 95
Very nice indeed. Very reasonable price as well!

I also thought that it would be bigger than it is, but I was pleasantly surprised.

BTW, how many headphones can the GS-X power at the same time? I see there are two unbalanced 1/4" jacks and a balanced output. Does this mean that it can drive three pairs of headphones?

Mar 6, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #54 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Billy, can you tell us does the GSX run hot or does it remain relatively cool.

Its very cool, I would say not even hot but you feel a slight (and I mean slight) warmth if you put your hand rite over the top vents. Justin really took into thought of this! This should be even better for future modules coming also

Mar 7, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #55 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
BTW, how many headphones can the GS-X power at the same time? I see there are two unbalanced 1/4" jacks and a balanced output. Does this mean that it can drive three pairs of headphones?

right, but you'll probably have volume level issues since it's one control for all outputs. even if you are using the same headphones the balanced one will be louder due to how balanced drive works.

Mar 7, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #57 of 95
What do you guys mean when youre talking in terms of balanced and unbalanced?

Mar 7, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #58 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrooveTropics
What do you guys mean when youre talking in terms of balanced and unbalanced?

Search function?

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #59 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Billy - Is your GS-X stock model (I don't even know if there are upgrade options)?

Yes its stock inside, there really is not any options for it this way.

no the RED leds are custom asked for, I wanted it to match My other headphone amps and stuff in the rig...plus I can not stand blue.
But I think (not sure) maybe justin will go red led...or atleast you can ask for it.

I think I am going to get a smoked glass top also, if this is not hard then maybe so cause it will blend in with the g08 better...
Also a silver volume knob in the future..lol

The front Face of the power supply and the headphone amp itself are the best looking parts I ever seen on this type of case, Justin does the sanding himself and It shows! the face of the Raptor/hr2 is alot more grainy then the gsx..nothing wrong with that but its just not a smooth and nice looking as the gsx.

Mar 15, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #60 of 95
Ok so I had her for awhile and I have some notes I will be posting later..

But I can tell you this...

Sensa's with her is amazing! (but not perfect)

Sensa's with her with my vinyl rig is omg amazing!

Using her as a fully balanced preamp for the speaker rig is very very very nice. (she has had alot of use this way sofar)

HD650's and rs-1's are happy plugged in..

Lots of differences between the hr-2/raptor but still I easily love them all..for their own traits of course..

if one person likes this sound out of the gsx they can easily like the hr2/raptor with no B/s in th way...in other words these amps are different but still close...where one amp looses on gains but the other will win somewhere and the other will lose...trade off I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back