HeadAmp GS-X has landed! Pictures.
May 14, 2007 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
Received my GS-X today.. ordered on Saturday, shipped on Tuesday, arrived in Canada on Monday. Not bad!

The GS-X is bigger than I thought!

Pictures (quick handheld):
DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

(note attention to detail in knob)

DSC_0029.jpg

I will take some tripod'd shots tonight.. first listening impressions is that it is significantly better than the Lavry's headphone out when powering the D5000s. Most notable change is the large increase in detail (perceived transparency?). Tempted to balance the D5000s.

May 14, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 21
The DPS is mandatory for the GS-X..

May 14, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 21
Congrats on the amp. I always thought the GS-X was a sexy thing. I've been tempted on several occasions to pick one up, but it seems like such overkill for a second rig. Then again perhaps the Stello is, too? If he were to make it in silver, it might be too much for me to resist.

May 14, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 21
You just gave me a five to ten minute period of absolute insanity during which I contemplated impulse buying a GS-X... Why did you have to tell me how quickly you recieved my dream SS amp after you ordered it? Don't you know how dangerous that is? Oh well...

Anyway, beautiful shots, write us up some more impressions about how amazing it is and how much I need one. Congrats and enjoy
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #8 of 21
Sweet score Adrian. Balanced D5000s hey? Now that might just be something to aspire to.

May 14, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #9 of 21
Lol, you got your GS-X used, right? 3 days would be an awfully fast lead time for Justin!
tongue.gif

Man I've got photo envy. Quick handheld you say? Those pics sure don't like like quick handheld shots!

Team GS-X is rapidly growing...we need more members I say!
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, you got your GS-X used, right? 3 days would be an awfully fast lead time for Justin!
tongue.gif

Man I've got photo envy. Quick handheld you say? Those pics sure don't like like quick handheld shots!

Team GS-X is rapidly growing...we need more members I say!
biggrin.gif

New from Justin. I missed out on ken36's used GS-X.. Talk about fast lead time, yeah! He told me that the GS-X would be shipping fast, and he wasn't kidding.

I think the bevel'd knob is a new feature too (according to humanflyz).

May 14, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #11 of 21
Damn, Justin must have an industrial factory press if he can crank out GS-X amps in 3 days! Maybe I should order another one now for the GS-X giveaway?
tongue.gif

Mine has a beveled volume pot too. What number is yours btw? Mine is 021.

May 15, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New from Justin. I missed out on ken36's used GS-X.. Talk about fast lead time, yeah! He told me that the GS-X would be shipping fast, and he wasn't kidding.

I think the bevel'd knob is a new feature too (according to humanflyz).

Ok, it's happening again...must...control...credit card...

May 15, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #15 of 21
WOW,
Is the Headamp GS-X the Pass Labs of the Headphone world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back