Headamp GS-1 Owner Registry
Jul 28, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #49 of 91
Congratulations! I am really loving the short time I have had with mine! It was worth the wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPodschun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my shipping notice; estimated delivery on Friday! Can't wait.

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #50 of 91
I just got a shipping notice for mine as well! It should be here on 2nd August. I ordered on 2nd March.

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #51 of 91
Just wanted to let everyone know that I received shipping notice for my headamp GS-1 w/DACT attenuator from Justin about 4 hours ago!!

Nothing sweeter than a shipping notice...

...except maybe a parcel from Fedex/UPS delivery truck.

Jul 28, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #52 of 91
He seems to be catching up the backlog... that's good news. The website says 8-week delivery, which would not be a bad wait at all compared to earlier this year.

Jul 29, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #53 of 91
I put my order in last night for the GS-1 with the stepped attenuator. It will be used with my APS recabled K701.

I'm usually a very impatient person, but the amp seems like it is well worth waiting for. It will be an interesting couple of weeks (or months :p).

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #54 of 91
After waiting six agonizing months for the gs-1, I missed the delivery and got a door tag...I was here but listening to my Gilmore Lite + HD650...what can I say.

I'll try to listen more closely for the fedex man today.

Jul 31, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #55 of 91
I feel your pain, that really bites!
triportsad.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After waiting six agonizing months for the gs-1, I missed the delivery and got a door tag...I was here but listening to my Gilmore Lite + HD650...what can I say.

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #56 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Er...unless HeadAmp recently switched shipping carriers, your GS-1 will be delivered by USPS. Are you sure the FedEx door tag was for the GS-1?

Jul 31, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #57 of 91
Justin shipped mine FedEx as well (at my request).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er...unless HeadAmp recently switched shipping carriers, your GS-1 will be delivered by USPS. Are you sure the FedEx door tag was for the GS-1?

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #58 of 91
I received the GS-1 today via fedex(2nd try was a charm-camped out at the door) and it is beautiful...I can't stop listening to it. What changes should I expect? Right off, it is amazing...the notes hit with so much more authority and the clarity is fantastic. The depth and width is wider and more multi-layerd-clearly more easily placed but I wonder what, if any, changes are in store.

Thanks to Justin for his care and quality in building this fine piece of equipment and for his thoughtfulness in shipping so carefully with double boxing(each box filled with packing peanuts), the GS-1 was wrapped in bubble wrap and packing peanuts was all around that and tightly packed into it's own box then this box was placed in another box and this box was packed full of packing peanuts also- the power cord was thoughtfully in the bigger box and separated from the GS-1.

Thank you ASR- I read all of your fine reviews and comparisons and they led me to the GS-1 and I defer to your reviews/comparisons...I agree whole heartedly with them and have owned and listened to all of them(I think)....the heed CanAmp, Gilmore Lite, ECSS, and now the GS-1.

I think I'm done for a bit....so many combinations to try now and I'll enjoy every minute.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #59 of 91
I have been having a fabulous time with my GS-1. The impact and clarity of the amp is just phenomenal! The only headphone that it seems that it *may* have trouble with is the K340 (at least in comparison the SP Extreme which is amazing driving the K340s). However, I just picked up the K340 this week and haven't had that much time to listen to them yet.

However, I was wondering how black of a background the GS-1 should have? It seems to be mostly silent with all of my non-IEMs. However, with my super.fi 3/5 and UM2s there seems to be hiss starting a little past 12 o'clock on low. Also there is a hiss starting at around 2 o'clock with my Atrio M5s. It is perfectly fine to me if this is the way the GS-1 is supposed to be. I don't actually use IEMs with my home gear usually. I just wanted to test the "blackness" for fun and these were my results. If this is not the case for others, I would like to know so that I can contact Justin and see what he says. I would really hate to have to send back the GS-1 after waiting for it for so long!!!

PS: I just posted my 500th post!!! :500postssmile:
darthsmile.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #60 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, I was wondering how black of a background the GS-1 should have? It seems to be mostly silent with all of my non-IEMs. However, with my super.fi 3/5 and UM2s there seems to be hiss starting a little past 12 o'clock on low. Also there is a hiss starting at around 2 o'clock with my Atrio M5s. It is perfectly fine to me if this is the way the GS-1 is supposed to be. I don't actually use IEMs with my home gear usually. I just wanted to test the "blackness" for fun and these were my results. If this is not the case for others, I would like to know so that I can contact Justin and see what he says. I would really hate to have to send back the GS-1 after waiting for it for so long!!!

Make sure you unplug your source when doing a test like this

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back