Headamp GS-1 Owner Registry
Jul 1, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #31 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a black GS-1 with stepped attenuator serial number GS1096 that I bought from Justin about 14 months ago.
It replaced a CIA amp and extranl power supply combo. I had the change to compare it to a Stello HP-100, Rudistor RPX-33 MkII and RP-7 Lite.
The GS-1 is far superior than the Stello. To me the Stello was too dark sounding. Now compared to the Rudis's, well let me put it this way... The GS-1 is colder sounding an more analytical. The Rudis are mor powerful and musical.

I really like the GS-1 paired with the HD-650 and Equinox cable. I thought they complement each other very nice. I normally listen to the GS-1 with my Denon 2ks and 5ks. The Rudis get thier exorsice with the Ed9 and K340 moded.

How would you compare the GS-1 to your CIA amp?

Jul 4, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #32 of 91
Quote:

Has anyone else received their GS-1 recently? I ordered mine on Dec 9th but I am still waiting. Also, anyone order one before Dec 9th that is still waiting?

Jan 17th here, still nothing.

Jul 4, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #33 of 91
Got an email from Justin today, wanting to confirm the shipping address for my GS-1... the time has finally come!!!!

Jul 5, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #37 of 91
I'm guessing at this rate I'll be seeing mine some time next year? I just ordered it in April
eek.gif

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #39 of 91
^^ Congrats!
Reading through this thread, I realized I never added my name to the list when I got my GS-1 last month.

Jul 12, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #40 of 91
I am a proud new owner of a GS-1, serial #GS1117

I haven't had much time to listen to it yet, it arrived yesterday. I was able to listen with my Darth Beyers for a couple of songs and they are a really nice match.

Jul 12, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #41 of 91
I also ordered a GS-1 with stepped attenuator some weeks ago. I got an email from Justin telling me that it should be ready in eight weeks, but I think that is a standard answer. I am afraid I am going to wait longer.

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #42 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also ordered a GS-1 with stepped attenuator some weeks ago. I got an email from Justin telling me that it should be ready in eight weeks, but I think that is a standard answer. I am afraid I am going to wait longer.

possibly...but be patient..i just got mine...not to much time spent with it..but sounds amazing so far. i'm sure justin got sick of me sending him messages on updates for my order...but nonetheless he was polite and answered back each time.

thing is a beauty...i love just looking at the thing

Jul 13, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #43 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
possibly...but be patient..i just got mine...not to much time spent with it..but sounds amazing so far. i'm sure justin got sick of me sending him messages on updates for my order...but nonetheless he was polite and answered back each time.

Thanks ZepFloyd for your feedback. I have to say that is hard to wait for something you want in this world where we are use to get what we want inmediately.

Enjoy your GS-1!!!

I am planning to use the Denon DVD-3930CI as source (it is also ordered, it is going to be shipped soon, sooner than the GS-1 unfortunately) to replace my old Denon cd-player and, as cans, most of the time I use the Senn's HD-650.
I hope they will sound superb!

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #44 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechever /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here. I ordered mine on 6/24. I wonder how long we'll have to wait compared to the 10 month patient heroes who were waiting on the enclosures? I'm guessing about 5 or 6 months?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back