Headamp GS-1 Owner Registry
Jun 10, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #16 of 91
Me, today! I received it after 7 months
biggrin.gif
Could not be happier.

Compared to my Headsix this thing controls my Denon 5000s better, it does not sound strained at all.

Quick edit: It's too easy to listen to too loud volumes with this, not any distortion (not that I expected there to be either)

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #18 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPodschun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered January 17, received the "I'll have it finished soon" email on May 7, and nothing since. My HD580s are sad and lonely waiting for it, and I'm sad that they're sad.

I ordered a GS-X on Jan 25th and am still waiting for delivery. I inquired about the same time as you and got a similar response from Justin. I guess he's either extremely swamped with orders and/or still waiting for some parts to be delivered. I have no doubt it will arrive - patience is the name of the game.

Jun 18, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #20 of 91
I've had a GS-1 for a few years now. It's punchy, fast, and accurate, and I recommend it highly. I do wish that I could hear it alongside a Beta 22 and RudiStor RPX-33 given that the solid state arena has so many fine options.

Jun 19, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #22 of 91
I have make the order of GS-X on 28, Feb. And I got a e-mail from Justin in March that confirm the order. But I still not yet receive the amp. Anyone got a recent news on Justin that there will be any GS-1 and GS-X ship on June?

Jun 19, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #23 of 91
As stated before, I ordered a Gs-1 in Jan and on May 28th I got an email from Justin @ headamp who stated he has all the parts and he'll be getting to my order soon. He further added that he is working through the list of gs-1s. Not sure on the GS-X though. I had thought of canceling the gs-1 and ordering the gs-x but was afraid of further wait times. I think around a week later I called and spoke to Justin and he said I was 5th in line for a GS-1 and the picos are really keeping him busy.

Then I thought...hmmm...I don't know how long this is really going to be so I saw a Gilmour lite in the FS forum and picked it up to tie me over.

I get the impression he is working very hard and have faith that very soon I'll be receiving the GS-1.

Jun 19, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #24 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have a GS-1 regular volume pot; best amp I've owned to date!

Thanks Mr.sneis for the encouragement...I haven't heard any bad things about Justin's work.

sorry for the double post.

Jun 19, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #25 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have a GS-1 regular volume pot; best amp I've owned to date!

And... what amps would those be?

With what phones?

Jun 19, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #26 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And... what amps would those be?

With what phones?

X2. I would be curious to know
smily_headphones1.gif
. I know you've heard a bunch Mr.Sneis. Thanks in advance

Jun 23, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #27 of 91
I have GS=1 which I use as headamp and preamp for my stello S100. Wonderful amp. Best I owned.

Jun 23, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #28 of 91
I have a black GS-1 with stepped attenuator serial number GS1096 that I bought from Justin about 14 months ago.
It replaced a CIA amp and extranl power supply combo. I had the change to compare it to a Stello HP-100, Rudistor RPX-33 MkII and RP-7 Lite.
The GS-1 is far superior than the Stello. To me the Stello was too dark sounding. Now compared to the Rudis's, well let me put it this way... The GS-1 is colder sounding an more analytical. The Rudis are mor powerful and musical.

I really like the GS-1 paired with the HD-650 and Equinox cable. I thought they complement each other very nice. I normally listen to the GS-1 with my Denon 2ks and 5ks. The Rudis get thier exorsice with the Ed9 and K340 moded.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jun 30, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #29 of 91
Just wanted to check in and see if there's any new GS-1s being received. I spoke to Justin about, oh, 4 weeks ago and he said I was 5th in line for the GS-1 and I ordered in January. Any updates would be appreciated.

Thanks

On a positive note...I managed to pick up a Headamp Gilmore Lite from the FS Forum and have been enjoying it - Just amazed at the build quality and the transparency of this little amp...can't wait to see what the GS-1 is going to do.

Jun 30, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #30 of 91
Has anyone else received their GS-1 recently? I ordered mine on Dec 9th but I am still waiting. Also, anyone order one before Dec 9th that is still waiting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me, today! I received it after 7 months
biggrin.gif
Could not be happier.

Compared to my Headsix this thing controls my Denon 5000s better, it does not sound strained at all.

Quick edit: It's too easy to listen to too loud volumes with this, not any distortion (not that I expected there to be either)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back