HeadAmp Gilmore Lite vs Headroom Micro Amp
Feb 14, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #17 of 20
Excellent review!! I was ruling out the Gilmore Lite on price concerns, but now I think I need to reconsider.

Is the GLite overkill for connecting an Ipod, LOD, and a pair of K 271 MK IIs?

Anyone have thoughts on where the Meier Corda Swing would have fit in this review?

Feb 14, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by sranderle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent review!! I was ruling out the Gilmore Lite on price concerns, but now I think I need to reconsider.

Is the GLite overkill for connecting an Ipod, LOD, and a pair of K 271 MK IIs?

Anyone have thoughts on where the Meier Corda Swing would have fit in this review?

Thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif
I felt the same way about the price initally. Listening to it erased my worries. I can say that the GLite seems to bring out the best in all of my headphones. If you're a fan of SS then it would be difficult to argue against it. Sorry but I can't answer how it compares to the Corda Swing or how the K K271 Mk II will be with it but the Gilmore Lite has done well with the wide range I have.

Apr 25, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #19 of 20
Great review Baka1969. I enjoyed it. How's your denon sound with Glite?

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioHi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great review Baka1969. I enjoyed it. How's your denon sound with Glite?

Hi,

Thanks. The Denon sounds great out of the GLite. Although there isn't a large improvement over other amps I've coupled it with, it does give the Denon it's full potential over straight out of a DAP. That's not to say the Denon needs to be amped like the Senn or AKG, but the 1001 does benefit. I mostly use the Denon out of my DAP when doing chores around the house. I don't use it too much out of my main rig because the fuller bass makes my Grado and AKG sound thin when I directly switch. It takes a good 15 minutes to readjust.

The only headphone I haven't been thrilled at with the GLite has been the RE0. It sounds kind of flat. But that might be how I use the RE0. I mostly use it when I'm out shopping through my iPod. Even though the isolation is very good, it doesn't block out all ambient sound. That, and the fact that I'm busy and using the music as background means the sound is more than adequate for it's intended use. When I used the RE0 in a quiet room and with my setup it's shortfalls over my fullsized cans become more apparent.

Thanks for the kind words.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back