HeadAmp CFA3 Headphone Amp - The Official Thread
Oct 5, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #46 of 251
That's quite a a lot actually. Although when I was in Japan earlier this year I saw Stax being sold everywhere, including big box electronics stores in malls and whatnot. If you can get CFA3 to BestBuy or MicroCenter, I suspect you can probably sell few hundred a year. I mean folks buy $2k graphics card and $2k monitor every few years, so $5-7k amp you can use forever is not outrageous, right? :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #47 of 251
I dunno the market value of 100 CFA3s, but it’s still pretty good, I’d imagine. I never really thought I was in that niche of a niche market, but it is what it is. Most people don’t care about sound quality like that. I know we do, but “we’re” a small segment. It’s just cool these companies still make equipment for us. I don’t know the markets of scale for something like a mainstream CFA3 but it’s cool they are offering one. It’s a small world.

Oct 5, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #48 of 251
Any idea when the pre-orders will be released for shipment?

Oct 5, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #50 of 251
Thanks!!

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #51 of 251
The TOTL headphone world is a lot smaller than one might expect. I was talking with the Spirit Torino guys at Can Jam NYC, and they said they only sold like 35 Valkyrias. Then I bought some limited edition th900mk2s a couple of years after the release year (which was limited to a 100). I'd say that there aren't as many hardcore headphone heads as maybe the internet suggests.
IEMs are where all the value is now, over these last several years. My struggle in the headphone world has always been finding a headphone that's actually good enough to pay the price tag for, since HE6 6-screw was bizarrely taken out of the marketplace.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #52 of 251
IEMs are where all the value is now, over these last several years. My struggle in the headphone world has always been finding headphone that's actually good enough to pay the price tag for, since HE6 6-screw was bizarrely taken out of the marketplace.
Yeah, IEMs are really popular. I just can't wear them for any extended period of time without hurting my ears. I hate the way the earbuds feel inside my ears (I have strangely shaped ears apparently, as I can never get a good fit).

Oct 5, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #54 of 251
Yeah, IEMs are really popular. I just can't wear them for any extended period of time without hurting my ears. I hate the way the earbuds feel inside my ears (I have strangely shaped ears apparently, as I can never get a good fit).

You should look into custom IEMs! I have the same problem with universal models, going custom is a night and day improvement in comfort (and in most cases they sound better too). It's a bit of a hassle to get started but totally worth it.

Sorry for going off topic... this amp looks like a beast.

Oct 5, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #55 of 251
Customs?

Oct 5, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #56 of 251
I briefly heard the Susvara on the gs-x mk2 and this new amp at CanJam. I also heard the Susvara on numerous other amps at the show and it was all too bass lite for my taste. The cfa3 completely transformed the bass. It hit hard and had plenty of it. Wish I got to try it with some tracks I knew. Also wish I got to try my Caldera on this setup for comparison. But for the most part, the Caldera performs well on most setups and doesn’t change dramatically. The cfa3 and Susvar deserves a much longer listen.
Do u have change to compare it with the holo bliss kte at canjam ?

Oct 6, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #57 of 251
Ever try custom fit IEMs? :) (Edit: oop, I see this was asked already 5 times lol)

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #59 of 251
Oct 6, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #60 of 251
That's quite a a lot actually. Although when I was in Japan earlier this year I saw Stax being sold everywhere, including big box electronics stores in malls and whatnot. If you can get CFA3 to BestBuy or MicroCenter, I suspect you can probably sell few hundred a year. I mean folks buy $2k graphics card and $2k monitor every few years, so $5-7k amp you can use forever is not outrageous, right? :sweat_smile:
Those graphic cards and monitors will be completely worthless in a few years! We work very hard to make sure our amps maintain very high resale value even 10 years later.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back