Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Nov 2, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #4,201 of 9,899
  yes i have it, sorry been too busy. it's the first completely assembled unit that i will be testing 

Wooo, are BHSE's being produced before GS-X mk2's? :D I've got a GS-X on order so I'm hoping no :p

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #4,205 of 9,899
  yes i have it, sorry been too busy. it's the first completely assembled unit that i will be testing 

Sounds nice Justin, and tank you for the news. Are all the BHSEs tested exactly like the first one, or are the second, third ... rigs tested in a simplified way, considering that they're copies of the first one?

Nov 4, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #4,206 of 9,899
  Sounds nice Justin, and tank you for the news. Are all the BHSEs tested exactly like the first one, or are the second, third ... rigs tested in a simplified way, considering that they're copies of the first one?

Thats what you call corner cutting or possibly even assumption is the mother of all evil.

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #4,207 of 9,899

What a ridiculous question.  So you are asking Justin, a person revered in the Head-Fi community for his craftsmanship and extreme attention to detail, if he will test each amp in the EXACT same way.  What if he says no?  What if he says yes?

I can answer the question for you.

No.  There is no way that he will test each amp in the EXACT same way.  One amp may be listened to for 3 more milliseconds than another.  One may be tested when a truck drives past outside.  One may be tested with a slightly higher ambient temperature than another.  I can however tell you that Justin would be testing each amp as per a pre-defined program.  You might have noticed that he has planned out this build with different stages (as seen here)? Surprisingly, I believe that planning process actually includes the testing of each amp as well.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #4,210 of 9,899
The silver version requires extra testing because they are built to a higher standard to produce increased frequency response and less distortion.  Unfortunately this premium upgrade takes a little longer because of this additional testing, but it's worth it.

You can always get it painted black, reduce the testing, and have it sooner.

Nov 5, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #4,212 of 9,899
The silver version requires extra testing because they are built to a higher standard to produce increased frequency response and less distortion.  Unfortunately this premium upgrade takes a little longer because of this additional testing, but it's worth it.

+1

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #4,213 of 9,899
I'd like mine tested for hepatitis, I expect only the highest grades

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #4,214 of 9,899

now I'm really conflicted! 
blink.gif

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #4,215 of 9,899
As long as they pass the urine test, they're 100% OK.

There are lots of pieces of equipment on these forums which have failed this necessary test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back