Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Aug 26, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #3,856 of 9,902
Quote:

Who cares? People want their amps, not more delay, so I think if people want that they can buy a set themselves. 
smile.gif

YES, but:

1. I'm afraid we'll have to wait a little bit more until we get our BHSE... so such pictures help us be patient
2. In post 3670, Justin offered a Shuguang Treasure option for the BHSE, presumably at an interesting price, and with tubes already matched and set for bias/balance

Aug 26, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #3,858 of 9,902
Quote:
The shuguang treasure tubes will be available to ship with the bhse for $299

Great news, Justin! I was afraid that you might have "blocked" my posts! If you consider the Shuguang Treasure tubes provide a better (even slightly better) SQ compared to the standard Mullard tubes, please count me in for the $299 option. Could you please confirm that these ST tubes will be matched and BHSE adapted (bias, balance)? This seems obvious, but things are clearer when written.

Of course, the invoice you will send to me for the final settlement (I suppose you will send a document of this kind) should mention this option to explain the final price I have to pay.

Best regards.

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #3,863 of 9,902
Lots of tube cages out there.  Most of them are butt ugly . . .

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1268&bih=454&q=vacuum+tube+cage&oq=vacuum+tube+cage&gs_l=img.3..0i24.3165.7391.0.7863.16.13.0.3.3.0.90.1027.13.13.0....0...1ac.1.26.img..0.16.1048.HX1vLSqLoSI#hl=en&q=vacuum+tube+cage&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

However, some may find this sort of design appealing  . . .

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #3,864 of 9,902
For anyone considering to purchase the Psvane EL34PH, I've notice this on the Grant Fidelity website:

Stock update: Some previous users reported tube pins too rigid or reliability issue. We have discussed with manufacturer to tighten up our quality control criteria to ensure all our customers to receive as high quality as possible tubes from us. We stand behind our warranty 100% and all current stock has been re-screened for the new criteria. Please purchase with confidence and we will be here to service your needs. 

Mine are still going strong with zero issues.

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #3,865 of 9,902
Quote:
For anyone considering to purchase the Psvane EL34PH, I've notice this on the Grant Fidelity website:

Stock update: Some previous users reported tube pins too rigid or reliability issue. We have discussed with manufacturer to tighten up our quality control criteria to ensure all our customers to receive as high quality as possible tubes from us. We stand behind our warranty 100% and all current stock has been re-screened for the new criteria. Please purchase with confidence and we will be here to service your needs. 

Mine are still going strong with zero issues.

Thank you Golfnutz for the Psvane EL34PH quality follow-up. The next step should be Justin's approval for the BHSE. I agree on the fact that J. needs time to test these tubes, especially for reliability.

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #3,867 of 9,902
I'd be wary that they are cheaply made crap.

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #3,868 of 9,902
As I said before, I think Grant's Fidelity are stand-up people.  They extended my warranty on the EL34PH when I explained I didn't have an amp to test them.  Hopefully I'll be able to break them in on a BHSE soon!  The tubes seemed strong with an emissions tester I use.

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #3,869 of 9,902
Quote:
I'd be wary that they are cheaply made crap.

Welcome to the future of tube audio. I haven't seen any reissued tubes that someone hasn't complained about reliability issues yet (so yeah, it's all crap now, but there's not much choice).

You can spend big bucks on NOS tubes with zero guarantee, and how many of the those tubes are really NOS.

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #3,870 of 9,902
Quote:
As I said before, I think Grant's Fidelity are stand-up people.  They extended my warranty on the EL34PH when I explained I didn't have an amp to test them.  Hopefully I'll be able to break them in on a BHSE soon!  The tubes seemed strong with an emissions tester I use.

Whether it's Grant Fidelity or someone else, I'll gladly pay a bit extra to know that I'm getting what's suppose to be premium quality. I'm just glad someone is providing the type of service they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back