Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 11, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #1,877 of 9,899
Quote:

i could not agree more after another 10 days of listening to the BHSE-009 combo in my room (click audiogon link below) and zero evidence of the 'myth'. i'll repeat, if you hear any tipped up highs from this combo, look elsewhere for the reason. be prepared to feed this combo high quality sources. and you will hear significant differences between good/better/best sources very clearly. clean power is also important as the hash in a marginal power grid will sound like a slight edge to the sound in transducers and amps this revealing.

this combo demands a high quality environment and will reward you accordingly.

I'm using my BHSE for the first time in months and I concur though I'm using the 007Mk1.  Makes me wonder why I spend so much money on building lesser amps....
redface.gif
  The detail retrieval is just silly good on this combo.  Too tired to go and get the 009's... 

May 11, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #1,878 of 9,899
Quote:
 clean power is also important as the hash in a marginal power grid will sound like a slight edge to the sound in transducers and amps this revealing.

In July I've a long term savings that matures which means I can get hold of that money then. With some of that money I'm paying the remaining payments for the Aristaeus but I'm also getting the Bybee Power Purifier V 2.0. The Bybee is only available with US sockets so I'll have to have cables made with US plugs. What I like about the Bybee PP V2.0 is it has a Silver faceplate with matt or satin black enclosure just like my order of the BHSE, Justin is also doing the same with the Aristaeus.

May 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #1,879 of 9,899
Quote:
Nice review! Justin, would you mind letting us know how many amps will the next batch comprehend and how many deposits you got so far (in other words, how many sure spots are still available)? Many thanks. 

Justin, I would like to insist and rephrase that question: it is said on HeadAmp website that the next batch of the BHSE should be completed by the end of summer, does it mean that people making a deposit now will have to make the final payment by the end of August (which would be a bit to soon for me) or is it more reasonable to think that the final payment won't be due before another 8 months or so? I really appreciate an answer Justin. Thanks.

May 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #1,880 of 9,899
Quote:

Justin, I would like to insist and rephrase that question: it is said on HeadAmp website that the next batch of the BHSE should be completed by the end of summer, does it mean that people making a deposit now will have to make the final payment by the end of August (which would be a bit to soon for me) or is it more reasonable to think that the final payment won't be due before another 8 months or so? I really appreciate an answer Justin. Thanks.

it shouldnt be 8 months however I can and have held onto amps until people were ready to make the final payment

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
May 11, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #1,881 of 9,899
Wow. The silver version blows me away. Is it possible to order that version, Justin?

May 12, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #1,885 of 9,899
Hi, I have found that there is a replace power bridge for BHSE. Do you think it is needed?

I hope that my BHSE with blue and black will look as great as the sliver one above, and come soon.

May 12, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #1,886 of 9,899
Quote:
I hope that my BHSE with blue and black will look as great as the sliver one

It's down to the individual which ever colour they like, my favourite colour for audio equipment is Silver and I've gone for a Silver faceplate on the BHSE I've ordered. However I wasn't keen on having Silver rings which is why I went for Black.

May 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #1,887 of 9,899
Quote:
Hi, I have found that there is a replace power bridge for BHSE. Do you think it is needed?

I very much doubt those people have any idea what they are doing so not only is it a waste of money it could damage the amp or worse.  High voltage and cable peddlers are a very dangerous combination... 

May 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #1,888 of 9,899
Justin

Sorry to bother you.  Please let me know by email or pm when you plan to ship my order. 

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back