Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Feb 16, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #1,578 of 9,899
Sachu the reason this probably isn't going well is because people likely view it as a veiled attempt to borderline shill for another manufacturer.

That's a low blow. In that sense there are tons of shills for all sorts of manufacturers.I
milosenpotion if you truly feel that way lets chat offline. I have nothing to gain here from any manufacturer. I don't care what someone ends up buying. But to label any discontented post about an amp isn't fair to label me a shill. That is slander ours. Back it up with evidence else don'tmake yourself look bad

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #1,579 of 9,899
There's only one person that builds the BHSE and that's Justin, others may try and build a clone but it will still never be one. I got the SR-009's before the Chinese company own Stax for the same reason.

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #1,580 of 9,899

Quote:
But to label any discontented post about an amp isn't fair to label me a shill.

Nobody cares sachu. So please, for the love of the almighty headphone gods, stop posting.

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #1,582 of 9,899
I realize i will never be able to post my thoughts on gear without someone thinking I have an alternative agenda of some sorts. 

I was wrong in posting without framing my thoughts clearly as Maxvla pointed out. It wasn't my intention to hurt anyone's feelings or twist truths, as a member i was posting my thoughts on a piece of gear. Nothing more. I don't care what anyone of you likes or ends up buying. 

And as you said Beefy, it is of inconsequence as clearly I am not welcome in these parts. 

With that said, apologies all around and I take my leave from this thread, if i can help it, permanently.

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #1,583 of 9,899
Don't take it personally Sachu.

There's just been too much speculation in this thread, from a number of people, that hasn't been thought through particularly well. 
That ends up being noise for many. I'm all for occasional enthusiasm, but sometimes it's best to step back a bit.
Think on the bright side: this is mild compared to the response you would have got on the Other Site
smile_phones.gif

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #1,585 of 9,899
before the arrival of the BHSE... can someone recommend me a reasonable and good cable?

I am looking for an RCA interconnect, length=1.5m
Price should be less than $1000.

I would use it here '???':
Weiss DAC1Mk2 > NBS Monitor (XLR) > Spectral DM20Mk2 Preamp > RCA out ??? > BHSE > Stax SR-009

I was thinking about a Cardas Golden Reference, but this is close to $1500 (1.5m). Perhaps there's a cheaper cable, which is still excellent?

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #1,589 of 9,899
Blue Jeans Cables if you want to be smart: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/

MIT Cables if you want to be silly: http://www.mitcables.com

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #1,590 of 9,899
Quote:
before the arrival of the BHSE... can someone recommend me a reasonable and good cable?

I am looking for an RCA interconnect, length=1.5m
Price should be less than $1000.

I would use it here '???':
Weiss DAC1Mk2 > NBS Monitor (XLR) > Spectral DM20Mk2 Preamp > RCA out ??? > BHSE > Stax SR-009

I was thinking about a Cardas Golden Reference, but this is close to $1500 (1.5m). Perhaps there's a cheaper cable, which is still excellent?

Unless you have a really good reason for spending that much money, I honestly don't see the point in buying anything more expensive than Blue Jeans' cables. I've compared the Blue Jeans Belden 1500F XLRs ($52/pair, 1M) vs the Analysis Plus Silver Oval XLRs ($875/pair, 1M) on my BHSE and didn't hear any differences between them. The only thing I don't personally like about the Blue Jeans is that they're not factory-color-coded for Left and Right, so you have to "DIY" your own method for channel identification.

If you want something "better" than Blue Jeans then I'd recommend Signal Cable, but with a caveat. I used to own a lot of Signal Cable products when I first started out in the hobby (3.5-mini ICs, RCA ICs, XLR ICs, power cords) but have since sold all of them except for 1 power cord. The main reason I sold most of them was due to either their physical inflexibility (like a power cord and Analog One/Two) or their connectors - I ended up really disliking the ETI Bullets, as they were a pain to remove off RCA jacks. I now prefer the WBT locking-style connectors the most but unfortunately there are no "cheap" cables in existence that use WBT-style connectors (though there are mid-priced cables that use the almost-as-good Furutech connectors).

Of course that's all a non-issue though if you intend on using XLR ICs - and the Signal Cable Silver XLR ICs are pretty good (and all-silver too, including the Neutrik connectors). I sold my pair years ago to upgrade and in retrospect I probably should've kept them. The only other silver ICs that have really caught my attention since are the ones made by Goertz Audio (originally Alpha-Core) as they're not ridiculously expensive and are actually a lot cheaper than most other silver ICs I've seen.

I recommend using balanced over unbalanced btw, especially when it comes to the BHSE since it has XLR inputs. On proper balanced equipment like your Weiss/Spectral you'll hear a difference.

Oh and I wouldn't really recommend more tube sets either, even though pachku's above post was probably not serious.
wink.gif
At least not until after you've heard the stock tubes, because the BHSE is pretty amazing-sounding with the stock tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back