Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Feb 12, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #1,487 of 9,899
I'd let Justin work, instead of posting stuff here, if I were you 
biggrin.gif
  And if you guys don't come up with some good reviews and tube recommendations, or just plug a old Lambda into the BHSE after all that whining, I'm gonna be severely disappointed... 

Feb 12, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #1,489 of 9,899
Quote:
Justin, there's a lot of pressure from up to 45 impatient people, but please don't be tempted to skimp on quality control at this final stage.

I would rather wait a little longer, than receive my new pride and joy in a less than perfect state.

Knowing Justin, he won't ship until he is 100% satisfied with the product. Dude is a perfectionist to the extreme; no way is he going to skimp on QC at this point.

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #1,490 of 9,899

Quote:
I think this thread needs to be

or filtered for whining.............come on folks, this is moving along nicely, justin is giving us regular updates, everyone go back and listen to some of your favorite music (that's what it is all about, right?) and relax

Feb 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #1,491 of 9,899
Heard the Blue Hawaii for the first time at yesterday's Bay Area meet.  Everyone who is on the order list, who hasn't heard one yet is in for a real treat.  They really shined with the O2s.

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #1,492 of 9,899

Quote:
Heard the Blue Hawaii for the first time at yesterday's Bay Area meet.  Everyone who is on the order list, who hasn't heard one yet is in for a real treat.  They really shined with the O2s.

I have the BHSE on order but with me living in the UK I've never had chance to hear it, I also have the SR-009's but haven't heard those too. When I receive the BHSE I feel I'm in for a real treat though because my source is the K-01.

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #1,493 of 9,899
One would assume someone handling a $225,000 order (45 BHSEs) would be making sure all I's are crossed and T's dotted. Just a bit more patience guys. :wink:

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #1,494 of 9,899
It's like a long car ride with the kids in the back seat asking 'are we there yet?' every 5 minutes  
beyersmile.png

Feb 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #1,495 of 9,899
Justin, do you believe at some point you really will have BHSE's on the shelf unsold and ready to ship? Or will this always be a XX-run type project with long delay, and possible discontinuation when interest dies?                                                  

Quote:
I have the BHSE on order but with me living in the UK I've never had chance to hear it, I also have the SR-009's but haven't heard those too. When I receive the BHSE I feel I'm in for a real treat though because my source is the K-01.

Sr009 - BHSE - K-01... arguably the best in the world.  Make sure to video tape your initial reaction.

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #1,496 of 9,899

Quote:
Justin, do you believe at some point you really will have BHSE's on the shelf unsold and ready to ship? Or will this always be a XX-run type project with long delay, and possible discontinuation when interest dies?                             

I certainly hope so, since it seems that this is the only way we may some day get a KGSSHV from Headamp. 
wink.gif
 Somehow I suspect that it makes more sense -- financially -- for Justin to stick withe the BHSE as long as possible, that is, as long as there is a demand for it. (people say that the KGSSHV is very high performance at much lower cost than the BHSE...) But I may be wrong, of course.

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #1,497 of 9,899

Quote:

Sr009 - BHSE - K-01... arguably the best in the world.  Make sure to video tape your initial reaction.

Hi Chefguru,
I'm going to be posting some pictures of the three when I receive the BHSE, but this is mainly because I'm planning to do something with my SR-009's.
                                                          David.

P.S. If I can do what I'm after with my SR-009's, I'll need to make slight alterations to my Stax stand aswell which will also be in the pictures.

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #1,498 of 9,899
If Justin does come out with a KGSSHV, I don't expect that you will see it for "much lower cost" than the BHSE. I think the people talking about significant savings are building their own amps. It will be cheaper, but don't expect to see it for half the price.

Quote:
I certainly hope so, since it seems that this is the only way we may some day get a KGSSHV from Headamp. 
wink.gif
 Somehow I suspect that it makes more sense -- financially -- for Justin to stick withe the BHSE as long as possible, that is, as long as there is a demand for it. (people say that the KGSSHV is very high performance at much lower cost than the BHSE...) But I may be wrong, of course.

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #1,499 of 9,899

Quote:
If Justin does come out with a KGSSHV, I don't expect that you will see it for "much lower cost" than the BHSE. I think the people talking about significant savings are building their own amps. It will be cheaper, but don't expect to see it for half the price.

I know that this is what Justin said. What I don't understand is why if the KGSSHV cost roughly 30% less to build than the BHSE ($1000 vs $1400) the final price wouldn't reflect that difference. I understand that parts play a big role, but still! It would seem reasonable to be able to get a well high quality built KGSSHV for about $4000 max, wouldn't? Or am I just delirious, naive and know nothing about business?

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #1,500 of 9,899
Well, it is hard to say how much it will be until he releases the price. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back