Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Dec 17, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #1,187 of 9,899
I use a thermostat with a probe that turns the fans on when a preset temp is reached and turns off at a lower temp. $100 for two dual fans on a plate and a shared thermostat. Silent running high speed. You can't hear them.

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #1,189 of 9,899

Quote:
Most fans are bi-directoional. Depends on how you mount them. It is best to suck the heat from the tubes. Blowing air over them can cause fractures.

That's what I'm going to be doing. I've written in one of my posts, I'm positioning my audio equipment in an alcove where a fire once was, I'm then going to be getting a chimney powered extractor fan on the very top outside. The power switch for the fan will be inside the alcove.

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #1,190 of 9,899
I can see good reason, but nonetheless, you couldn't really blame me for chuckling.
wink.gif
I would like to see pictures of this. :wink: You could put some stockings around it.

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #1,191 of 9,899

Quote:
I can see good reason, but nonetheless, you couldn't really blame me for chuckling.
wink.gif
I would like to see pictures of this. :wink: You could put some stockings around it.

I guess it is a drastic and funny thing to do but I think it will work, I will posts some pictures of where my audio equipment will be positioned and also the fan. However it's not going to be until the middle of next year so there's no point with stockings. Ha Ha !

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #1,192 of 9,899

Quote:
I use a thermostat with a probe that turns the fans on when a preset temp is reached and turns off at a lower temp. $100 for two dual fans on a plate and a shared thermostat. Silent running high speed. You can't hear them.

I guess it is a drastic and funny thing to do but I think it will work, I will posts some pictures of where my audio equipment will be positioned and also the fan. However it's not going to be until the middle of next year so there's no point with stockings. Ha Ha !

What is the reason again for doing that? Is the heat really that much of a problem?

I just don't know what to think about it. A few people here are trying to find solutions to dissipate the heat thinking that it is an important issue because it can damage the amp and at the same time Justin, form HeadAmp, says that the heat is a non issue and that there is absolutely no need for a fan...

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #1,194 of 9,899
Funny, I've sent Justin at least three emails in the past couple of months, including inquiring whether I can get on the list for the 2012 batch of bhse's, and he has never responded once.  In fact, a couple of years ago, I sent an email to headamp as well regarding another product, and he never responded.  

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #1,195 of 9,899

Quote:
If the amp would need a fan, then it would have a built-in fan...
Rely on Justin and on your common sense, i.e. don't squeeze the amp into some narrow furniture or between (below) other electronics.

How about the power supply, does it get as hot as the amp? I am asking because I was thinking of putting the power supply about 6 inches below the amp. Is it something that you would recommend not to do?

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #1,196 of 9,899

Quote:
Funny, I've sent Justin at least three emails in the past couple of months, including inquiring whether I can get on the list for the 2012 batch of bhse's, and he has never responded once.  In fact, a couple of years ago, I sent an email to headamp as well regarding another product, and he never responded.  

and what is your email address?

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Dec 18, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #1,197 of 9,899
With me living in the UK I've never had chance to hear the BHSE or feel how hot it's supposed to get, I've mentioned that I'm getting a power chimney extractor fan to pull the heat away, but I'll be getting the BHSE before the fan,  if l feel that the heat the BHSE gives off doesn't warrant a fan I'll not bother with one, if it does I'll take pictures of the fan and the positioning of my audio equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back