Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jun 25, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #754 of 9,899

Quote:

What amp did you use before with the O2? In what way is the BHSE better?

I think he was using the T1 or the T1S to power his O2.  At one point, Fing also had a Headamp Aristaeus for his O2 and HE90.  Fing got super nice gears in past including R10s and Qualia.

Jun 26, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #756 of 9,899

Quote:
Thanks!
So you waited for over a year...
Well,since I ordered mine on Feb 11, I still have a long road ahead of me...
Regards and congrats!
Erico

Yeap.... it's currently in transit now....

Fing already has got his.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #757 of 9,899

Quote:

What amp did you use before with the O2? In what way is the BHSE better?

Hi,

Purk is right - I used SRM-T1 before with the O2 which do provide a coherent and enjoyable sound. Mainly lacking bass control, presence and some dynamics. Certainly it can be pushed to very loud volumes with no complaints.

The Aristaeus with some Sylvania 5751 inputs and Amperex Bugle Boy out's were quite a bit better.

The BHSE just extends everything out. Big sound, ultra accurate, everything separate but not analytically so. There is music here too - everything meshes together.
I really feel I'm a step closer to listening to my DAC.

Jun 27, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #758 of 9,899

Quote:
Quote:

Hi,

Purk is right - I used SRM-T1 before with the O2 which do provide a coherent and enjoyable sound. Mainly lacking bass control, presence and some dynamics. Certainly it can be pushed to very loud volumes with no complaints.

The Aristaeus with some Sylvania 5751 inputs and Amperex Bugle Boy out's were quite a bit better.

The BHSE just extends everything out. Big sound, ultra accurate, everything separate but not analytically so. There is music here too - everything meshes together.
I really feel I'm a step closer to listening to my DAC.

Thanks, Fing.

So which do you prefer: the BHSE or the Aristaeus?

Regards,
Erico

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #761 of 9,899
Best commercial production amp, ever.
The design is truly amazing in its detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back