Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 12, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #676 of 9,899
Funny...
I haven't got any message and have posted my pre-order around the same period as you people.
Have you posted those options upon pre-ordering? Because I have... and maybe that's why... Anyway, I'll send an e-mail to Justin to confirm my options.
Best regards,
Erico

May 12, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #677 of 9,899

i had not given any preferences (other than the upgrade to the volume control) at point of order....so Justin had to ask about that.

i went with 'Black' front panel and 2 Stax jacks.

Quote:
Funny...
I haven't got any message and have posted my pre-order around the same period as you people.
Have you posted those options upon pre-ordering? Because I have... and maybe that's why... Anyway, I'll send an e-mail to Justin to confirm my options.
Best regards,
Erico

May 12, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #678 of 9,899

Quote:
I also got the email this morning.

So what are you all going with? I'm thinking Grey and dual Stax jacks.

As l mentioned in one of my posts l've gone for the Silver version with black rings around the base of the tubes, regarding the jacks l've asked for two stax, also my order is with Alps RK50.

May 12, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #679 of 9,899
Are there "definitive" recommendations for tubes that sound good with the SR Omega, HE60 or HE90? XF2 seem to match the O2, but are somewhat on the bright side for the SR-009... so I'm looking for tubes with a bit less treble, and more lower mids and bass. GEC KT77? DD-getter XF4?

May 12, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #680 of 9,899
On Justin's website regarding the BHSE, it doesn't show all of it's specifications, l've heard it's power consumption is 200w, can anyone please tell me if this is true.
                                             Dave.

May 12, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #681 of 9,899

Quote:
As l mentioned in one of my posts l've gone for the Silver version with black rings around the base of the tubes, regarding the jacks l've asked for two stax, also my order is with Alps RK50.

[size=medium]
Got the same e-mail as well.  I may elect to go with silver faceplate and gray chassis myself.   Stax & Senn jacks for me.
[/size]

May 12, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #683 of 9,899

Quote:

Got the same e-mail as well.  I may elect to go with silver faceplate and gray chassis myself.   Stax & Senn jacks for me.

Purk, In the email Justin sent me he said the BHSE 's enclosure is only available in black, l'm guessing Justin was referring to the chassis.

Quote:
l've gone for the Silver panel because it'll look great with my Silver coloured SACD player.

May 12, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #684 of 9,899

Quote:
Are there "definitive" recommendations for tubes that sound good with the SR Omega, HE60 or HE90? XF2 seem to match the O2, but are somewhat on the bright side for the SR-009... so I'm looking for tubes with a bit less treble, and more lower mids and bass. GEC KT77? DD-getter XF4?

Already tried any KT-88?
Or even the Fat Boy 6CA7?

Regards,
Erico

May 12, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #685 of 9,899

Quote:

Dear Packu,
Do you already own the SR-009? or are you waiting for them to arrive, just like me?
Mine is suposed to arrive nest week... who knows...
Regards,
Erico

May 12, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #686 of 9,899
I have had the Fat Boys running on mine for about 6 months and find nothing objectionable about them.  I do not think they sound thin, as some have described them, but I have no frame of reference.  I just "won" a set of vintage 1979 Gold Lion KT77s that I will install as soon as I get a set of instructions from Justin on how to bias the new tubes.  No such instructions came with the BHSE.  As soon as the tubes are in and used a bit, I will provide some comparisons.

JHellow

May 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #687 of 9,899
Got the same email too this morning.  I'm going for a silver faceplate along with silver tube rings.  I love how the silver versions of headamp gear has the text imprinted with a lighter contrast than something like the black faceplate.  Also, looking forward to my amp matching the SR-009 I ordered a while ago.

This should turn out to be a good summer for me....JH-3a in a few weeks, followed by SR-009/BHSE soon after that (hopefully) :)

May 13, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #688 of 9,899

Quote:
Got the same email too this morning.  I'm going for a silver faceplate along with silver tube rings.  I love how the silver versions of headamp gear has the text imprinted with a lighter contrast than something like the black faceplate.  Also, looking forward to my amp matching the SR-009 I ordered a while ago.

This should turn out to be a good summer for me....JH-3a in a few weeks, followed by SR-009/BHSE soon after that (hopefully) :)

l'm going to have to wait until summer 2012 before l have the money to buy the audio equipment l'm getting, hopefully May next year l'll have the BHSE closely followed with the SR-009's, then the Esoteric K-01, and lastly JPS Aluminata cables,  enjoy your gear when you receive it monsieurguzel. 
                                                                                         Dave.

P.S. I'm also getting two Kemp Elektroniks [ Dutch company ] Power Blocks or one Power Source Plus.

May 13, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #689 of 9,899

Quote:
I also got an email for Justin  about the option of the colour of the front panel and the headphone jacks (2 Stax or 1 Stax + 1 HE90).
At first I wrote him several emails but did not get all the response.  However after realizing that working with this kind of amplifier is
risky I didn't write to him again.   This email showed that there is some progress which makes me very  happy.  I hope that I can get the
progress of the Aristaeus amplifier too.

P' Kiertijai you order both amps ??

I go for all black with 1 STAX + HE90 to match ZDT color and in case you let me borrow HE90  ... heh heh  

May 13, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #690 of 9,899
I decided to pick the gray color (which may have a blue-ish / purple-ish tint).  We'll see what happens!  Would love to have had an aluminum/silver chassis to go with the silver faceplate (would have been my first choice).  Most importantly, hopefully we'll all be listening to the amps soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back