Are you folks still unpacking or are you already listening
confused.gif
Share some impressions please
beerchug.gif

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #6,890 of 9,899
  It's an endgame amp. When you have it, no need to babble on head-fi anymore 
tongue.gif

Ali

It is an endgame amp for sure.  Nothing will match its build quality & sound combination for sure.  Having both the GS-X MK2 & BHSE side by side....the BHSE is even more striking.

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #6,891 of 9,899
Hi Purk
What you using with the new BHSE, your Orpheus? That would be interesting to me. Most folk seem to have the 009s or 007s.

Congradulations on your new amplifier. I have heard David1961 a few times, and it is a superb sound and the build is first rate. I can't see any manufacturers beating it to be honest money no object, which makes me think it will be a classic for years and surpass it's original price tag.

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #6,892 of 9,899
  Hi Purk
What you using with the new BHSE, your Orpheus? That would be interesting to me. Most folk seem to have the 009s or 007s.

Congradulations on your new amplifier. I have heard David1961 a few times, and it is a superb sound and the build is first rate. I can't see any manufacturers beating it to be honest money no object, which makes me think it will be a classic for years and surpass it's original price tag.

I have the BHSE for over two years now.  My comment was for the new owners as I just love the build quality on the BHSE and thought that I mentioned the craftsmanship on it.  I love the SR009 & SR007 out of the BHSE.  The HE90 doesn't sound bad either out of the BHSE, but is better out of the T2 for sure.

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #6,893 of 9,899
Build quality was one of the reasons I ordered the BHSE, obviously after I'd read others thoughts on that.
I think the build quality of the K-01 is better than the BHSE though, but it's only slight and almost on par.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #6,896 of 9,899

Stax is an endgame transducer. I find myself coming here, then I wonder what there is to talk about. It doesn't get any better ...

There will be some new highend development, from traditional and brand new companies, in the Headphone market later this year.
Cant wait to meet some of this stuff at the HighEnd Munich show. Insiders talk about big surprises, the new Sennheiser Flagship for example.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #6,897 of 9,899
  There will be some new highend development, from traditional and brand new companies, in the Headphone market later this year.
Cant wait to meet some of this stuff at the HighEnd Munich show. Insiders talk about big surprises, the new Sennheiser Flagship for example.

Still Stax offer such great performance for a reasonable price.  The current going price for the SR009 is a really good deal IMO.  

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #6,898 of 9,899
Absolutely right and i love my 009 and 007....

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #6,899 of 9,899
Just wanted to ask - is the 007 Mk I warmer/darker sounding than the Mk II?

The MK2 has a brighter high end and less sub bass so. But that is not the Problem it is more it sounds off to me.

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #6,900 of 9,899

Still Stax offer such great performance for a reasonable price.  The current going price for the SR009 is a really good deal IMO.  

Agree, which is why I just ordered a SR009! 

By endgame I mean endgame for me. To tell the honest truth I'm perfectly happy with my 307/323S. The 009 will be way better I'm sure, and importantly way more comfortable. And I'm in the middle of building a KGSSHV, KGST and Megatron, plus I have a BHSE on order! Those will be better too - but frankly if I had to live with my 307's from now on I'd be perfectly fine with that. I'm just upgrading because - why not? - and because it's not that unreasonably priced.  

If Sennheiser comes out with a 'stat I might get it, just to add to the collection and for comparison. But if they do it'd probably be another boutique insanely priced unit like the Orpheus - and didn't Sennheiser have one of those on display at CES this year? Huh. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back